Contino Reserva 201575cl
Contino Reserva 2015
|Type Of Wine:||red wine|
|Vintage:||2015 Other vintages|
|Appellation:||Rioja (La Rioja, Spain)|
|Winery:||Viñedos del Contino|
|Volume:||75cl Other volumes|
|Grapes:||Garnacha, Graciano, Mazuelo, Tempranillo|
Description of Contino Reserva 2015
Contino Reserva 2015 (Garnacha, Graciano, Mazuelo and Tempranillo)
- View: it is ruby colored with atejados edges. Medium-high, bright and clean layer.
- Nose: complex, expressive, scented red fruits such as strawberry and raspberry, spicy and toasted oak.
- Mouth: powerful, round, tasty and greasy. Roasted notes, spicy and balsamic touches. With post balanced and long finish and fresh taste.
VINEYARD: Bodegas Viñedos del Contino. Founded in 1973, it has vineyards in a land with deep and adequate permeability for root development, water stored in the ground naturally. Its soils are calcareous sand in the deeper calcareous clay surface in middle layers.
GRAPES: 85% Tempranillo, 10% Graciano, 3% and 2% Mazuelo Grenache.
AGEING: the aging process takes place over a period of two years in French oak barrels used (60%) and American (40%). The process continues for an additional year in bottle.
PREPARATION: grapes Tempranillo, Mazuelo and Grenache are harvested by hand and selected carefully, ensuring optimum ripeness. After the stripping, are subjected to fermentation in stainless steel tanks twelve thousand liters controlled temperatures between 28 and 30 °C and then its fermentative 15 to 20 days maceration post, passing malolactic fermentation, refining the He came to the requisite acidity.
PAIRING: Red meats, grilled meats, roast lamb, stews, roasts, cutlets with vine shoots, hunting, meats, cheeses and smoked cheeses.
RECOMMENDED TEMPERATURE SERVICE: 16-18 °C
How to serve
Viñedos del Contino is part, along with CVNE (Haro) and Viña Real, the group of Compañía Vinícola del Norte de España. The three in the Rioja Alta.More about the Winery
Reviews of Contino Reserva 2015
- Red ruby, clean with medium colour intensity. A very fruity and intense nose with hints of strawberry, blueberry, vanilla and a balsamic finish. In the mouth it is round, velvety and mouth filling.
- Once the wine is bottled, it will rest a further year in bottle prior to being released.
- 85% Tempranillo, 10% Graciano, 5% Mazuelo and Garnacha.
- Tasting notes: Colour: deep cherry. Nose: candied fruit, aromatic
coffee, cedar wood, creamy oak. Palate: spicy, long, smoky
aftertaste, toasty, powerful, flavourful
- Score: 90