Contino Reserva 201575cl
Contino Reserva 2016
Discover More About Our Products
The 2015 Reserva is a blend of 85% Tempranillo, 10% Graciano and 5% split between Mazuelo and Garnacha that wants to express the character of the Contino estate.
CVNE, Compañía Vinícola del Norte del España (the Northern Spanish Wine Company), was founded in 1879 in the town of Haro in Rioja.
|Type Of Wine:||red wine|
|Vintage:||2015 Other vintages|
|Appellation:||Rioja (La Rioja, Spain)|
|Winery:||Viñedos del Contino|
|Volume:||75cl Other volumes|
|Grapes:||Garnacha, Graciano, Mazuelo, Tempranillo|
Description of Contino Reserva 2015
Contino Reserva 2015 (Garnacha, Graciano, Mazuelo and Tempranillo)
- View: Ruby coloured.
- Nose: Complex, expressive, aromas of red fruits such as strawberry and raspberry, as well as notes of spice and toasted oak.
- Mouth: Powerful and round. Roasted notes, spicy and balsamic touches. Balanced with a long finish and fresh taste.
VINEYARD: Bodegas Viñedos del Contino. Founded in 1973, it has vineyards in a land with deep and adequate permeability for root development. Water stored in the ground naturally.
GRAPES: 85% Tempranillo, 10% Graciano, 3% and 2% Mazuelo Grenache.
AGEING: The ageing process takes place over a period of two years in French oak barrels. The process continues for an additional year in bottle.
PREPARATION: Grapes are harvested by hand and selected carefully, ensuring optimum ripeness. Fermentation is carried out in twelve-thousand-liter stainless steel tanks under controlled temperatures between 28 and 30 °C.
PAIRING: Red meats, grilled meats, roast lamb, stews, roasts, cutlets with vine shoots, game, meats, cheeses and smoked cheeses.
RECOMMENDED TEMPERATURE SERVICE: 16-18 °C
How to serve
Viñedos del Contino is part, along with CVNE (Haro) and Viña Real, the group of Compañía Vinícola del Norte de España. The three in the Rioja Alta.More about the Winery
Reviews of Contino Reserva 2015
- Red ruby, clean with medium colour intensity. A very fruity and intense nose with hints of strawberry, blueberry, vanilla and a balsamic finish. In the mouth it is round, velvety and mouth filling.
- Once the wine is bottled, it will rest a further year in bottle prior to being released.
- 85% Tempranillo, 10% Graciano, 5% Mazuelo and Garnacha.