Campo Viejo Reserva 201475cl
Campo Viejo Reserva 2016
|Type Of Wine:||red wine|
|Vintage:||2014 Other vintages|
|Appellation:||Rioja (La Rioja, Spain)|
|Grapes:||Graciano, Mazuelo, Tempranillo|
Description of Campo Viejo Reserva 2014
Campo Viejo Reserva 2014 (Graciano, Mazuelo and Tempranillo)
- View: Bright ruby red; edges with golden reflections.
- Nose: Complex and balanced aromas of fruit (cherry, plum, blackberry, coconut), wood and spices (cloves, pepper and vanilla).
- Mouth: Soft and balanced; persistent and tasty finish.
NAME OF ORIGIN: Rioja
VINEYARD: Campo Viejo
GRAPES: 10% Graciano, 5% Mazuelo, 85% Tempranillo.
AGING: 18 months in American and French oak barrels; 18 months in the bottle.
PAIRING: Cold cuts, mature cheeses, fois gras, red meat, veal, lamb, stews, stewed meats, grilled meats.
SERVING TEMPERATURE: 16º-18ºC
How to serve
Campo Viejo has a long and proud history that takes us back to the Roman Empire. However, it has just been in the half past century that our name has become synonymous with Rioja wines. From our first vintage –brewed in the former Ortigüela winery in 1959 –to the creation of the famous “Rioja Bottle” in ’61 and the unveiling of our state-of-the-art sustainable winery in 2001, we have been at the forefront of Rioja winemaking.More about the Winery
Reviews of Campo Viejo Reserva 2014
- Complex aromas. There is a great balance between the fruit (cherries, black plums, ripe blackberries) and the clean nuances of the wood (clove, pepper, vanilla and coconut).
- The nose is further enriched by the aromas that develop during bottle ageing.
- Smooth and balanced on the palate with a full, elegant feel and a long, lingering finish.
At the sight it is red ruby. Toffee notes can be appreciated. Extraordinary flavour with caramel hints.
Cherry red colour. Aromas of cherry, licorice. Smoky notes in the mouth.