Campo Viejo Reserva 201375cl
Campo Viejo Reserva 2016
Discover More About Our Products
|Type Of Wine:||red wine|
|Vintage:||2013 Other vintages|
|Appellation:||Rioja (La Rioja, Spain)|
|Grapes:||Graciano, Mazuelo, Tempranillo|
|Ending Year For Optimal Consumption:||2020|
Description of Campo Viejo Reserva 2013
Campo Viejo Reserva 2013 (Graciano, Mazuelo and Tempranillo)
- View: ruby red with gold border. Bright and deep.
- Nose: complex aromas. Great balance between the fruit (cherries, black plums, ripe blackberries) and the clear nuances from the wood (clove, pepper, vanilla and coconut). The sense of smell is further intensified with the aromas that develop during aging in the bottle.
- Mouth: soft and balanced on the palate with a permanent, long and full of flavor.
DENOMINATION OF ORIGIN: Rioja
VINEYARD: Campo Viejo
GRAPES: Cariñena, Graciano, Tempranillo,
AGING: 18 months in American and French oak barrels (50%). Last aging phase of 18 months, in the cellar in bottles.
ELABORATION: Fermented in stainless steel tanks at a controlled temperature of about 28ºC. Maceration with skins for approximately 20 days.
WINE PAIRING: Starters, Cheese, Cured cheese, Ham and sausages, Iberian ham, Meat, Red meat, Game, Grilled meats, Potatoes and stews, Meat stew
TEMPERATURE OF CONSUMPTION: 15-17
ALCOHOL GRADUATION: 13.5
How to serve
Campo Viejo has a long and proud history that takes us back to the Roman Empire. However, it has just been in the half past century that our name has become synonymous with Rioja wines. From our first vintage –brewed in the former Ortigüela winery in 1959 –to the creation of the famous “Rioja Bottle” in ’61 and the unveiling of our state-of-the-art sustainable winery in 2001, we have been at the forefront of Rioja winemaking.More about the Winery
Reviews of Campo Viejo Reserva 2013
- Complex aromas. There is a great balance between the fruit (cherries, black plums, ripe blackberries) and the clean nuances of the wood (clove, pepper, vanilla and coconut).
- The nose is further enriched by the aromas that develop during bottle ageing.
- Smooth and balanced on the palate with a full, elegant feel and a long, lingering finish.
At the sight it is red ruby. Toffee notes can be appreciated. Extraordinary flavour with caramel hints.
Cherry red colour. Aromas of cherry, licorice. Smoky notes in the mouth.