Campo Viejo Reserva 201175cl
This product is not available in United Kingdom.
Take a look at the options we can offer you.
|Type Of Wine:||red wine|
|Vintage:||2011 Other vintages|
|Appellation:||Rioja (La Rioja, Spain)|
|Grapes:||Graciano, Mazuelo, Tempranillo|
Description of Campo Viejo Reserva 2011
Campo Viejo Reserva 2011 (Graciano, Mazuelo and Tempranillo)
CATA NOTES: Campo Viejo Reserva 2011
- View: ruby red, golden edge. Bright and deep.
- Nose: complex aromas, great balance between fruit (cherries, black plums, ripe blackberries) and light shades from wood (clove, pepper, vanilla and coconut).
- Mouth: Soft and balanced on the palate, a permanent, long and full of flavor end.
BODEGA: Campo Viejo.
GRAPES: 85% Tempranillo, 10% Graciano, 5% Mazuelo.
AGEING: 18 months in American oak barrels and French (50%). Last phase of aging of 18 months in bottles in the cellar.
PREPARATION: fermented in stainless steel at a controlled temperature of about 28ºC. Maceration with skins for about 20 days.
Campo Viejo has a long and proud history that takes us back to the Roman Empire. However, it has just been in the half past century that our name has become synonymous with Rioja wines. From our first vintage –brewed in the former Ortigüela winery in 1959 –to the creation of the famous “Rioja Bottle” in ’61 and the unveiling of our state-of-the-art sustainable winery in 2001, we have been at the forefront of Rioja winemaking.More about the Winery
Reviews of Campo Viejo Reserva 2011
- Complex aromas. There is a great balance between the fruit (cherries, black plums, ripe blackberries) and the clean nuances of the wood (clove, pepper, vanilla and coconut).
- The nose is further enriched by the aromas that develop during bottle ageing.
- Smooth and balanced on the palate with a full, elegant feel and a long, lingering finish.
At the sight it is red ruby. Toffee notes can be appreciated. Extraordinary flavour with caramel hints.
Cherry red colour. Aromas of cherry, licorice. Smoky notes in the mouth.