Campo Viejo Reserva 201075cl
Campo Viejo Reserva 2015
You will like to know that…
Campo Viejo Reserva 2010 has turned into a flagship product on the Spanish wine market thanks to its numerous awards and rave reviews from renowned wine critics such as Wine Spectator. The international wine magazine qualifies this Rioja as a "smart buy" due to its high quality and unbeatable price. In the words of Elena Adell, responsible oenologist of Campo Viejo, this is a "well-balanced, round and appetizing" wine that was made from an exclusive selection of the singular parcels. There, the vintners choose the best apt grapes for the Campo Viejo Reserva 2010. A smart buy which you'll enjoy for quite a while for a very accessible price.
|Type Of Wine:||red wine|
|Vintage:||2010 Other vintages|
|Appellation:||Rioja (La Rioja, Spain)|
|Grapes:||Graciano, Mazuelo, Tempranillo|
Description of Campo Viejo Reserva 2010
Campo Viejo Reserva 2010 (Graciano, Mazuelo and Tempranillo)
TASTING NOTES OF 2010 Campo Viejo Reserva:
- View: Ruby red, deep and bright.
- Nose: Complex, fruity aromas, ripe black fruit, plum, ripe cherry, blackberry, breeding notes, cloves, pepper, vanilla and coconut.
- Mouth: soft, balanced, full, elegant, long finish and persistent.
VINEYARD: Campo Viejo
GRAPES: Tempranillo, Graciano, and Mazuelo.
AGEING: 18 months in French and American oak. 18 months in the bottle.
ALCOHOL CONTENT: 13.5%
How to serve
Campo Viejo has a long and proud history that takes us back to the Roman Empire. However, it has just been in the half past century that our name has become synonymous with Rioja wines. From our first vintage –brewed in the former Ortigüela winery in 1959 –to the creation of the famous “Rioja Bottle” in ’61 and the unveiling of our state-of-the-art sustainable winery in 2001, we have been at the forefront of Rioja winemaking.More about the Winery
Reviews of Campo Viejo Reserva 2010
- Complex aromas. There is a great balance between the fruit (cherries, black plums, ripe blackberries) and the clean nuances of the wood (clove, pepper, vanilla and coconut).
- The nose is further enriched by the aromas that develop during bottle ageing.
- Smooth and balanced on the palate with a full, elegant feel and a long, lingering finish.
- Tasting notes: Colour: deep cherry, brick rim edge. Nose: waxy notes,
fine reductive notes, tobacco, elegant, cocoa bean, cedar
wood. Palate: round, rich, full, powerful, flavourful, spicy,
- Score: 91
Campo Viejo 2002
- View: ruby red, golden, shiny and deep edge.
- Nose: great balance between fruit (cherries, black plums, ripe blackberries), light shades from wood (clove, pepper, vanilla and coconut).
- Mouth: smooth and balanced, a permanent, long and full of flavor end.
VINES: Campo Viejo
GRAPES: Mazuela, Graciano, Tempranillo.
PAIRING: foie gras, duck ham and sausages.
TEMPERATURE: 16 °C
ALCOHOL CONTENT: 13.5%