Campo Viejo Reserva 200175cl
Campo Viejo Reserva 2015
Description of Campo Viejo Reserva 2001
Campo Viejo Reserva 2001 (Tempranillo)
Composition: 75% Tempranillo, 15% Graciano, 10% Mazuelo
Tasting notes: Rounded, with a soft, generous finish
Food tips: A balanced wine well suited to pork, lamb chops, grilled steak, venison or dried cheeses
How to serve
Campo Viejo has a long and proud history that takes us back to the Roman Empire. However, it has just been in the half past century that our name has become synonymous with Rioja wines. From our first vintage –brewed in the former Ortigüela winery in 1959 –to the creation of the famous “Rioja Bottle” in ’61 and the unveiling of our state-of-the-art sustainable winery in 2001, we have been at the forefront of Rioja winemaking.More about the Winery
Reviews of Campo Viejo Reserva 2001
- Complex aromas. There is a great balance between the fruit (cherries, black plums, ripe blackberries) and the clean nuances of the wood (clove, pepper, vanilla and coconut).
- The nose is further enriched by the aromas that develop during bottle ageing.
- Smooth and balanced on the palate with a full, elegant feel and a long, lingering finish.
- Tasting notes: Colour: deep cherry, brick rim edge. Nose: waxy notes,
fine reductive notes, tobacco, elegant, cocoa bean, cedar
wood. Palate: round, rich, full, powerful, flavourful, spicy,
- Score: 91
Campo Viejo 2002
- View: ruby red, golden, shiny and deep edge.
- Nose: great balance between fruit (cherries, black plums, ripe blackberries), light shades from wood (clove, pepper, vanilla and coconut).
- Mouth: smooth and balanced, a permanent, long and full of flavor end.
VINES: Campo Viejo
GRAPES: Mazuela, Graciano, Tempranillo.
PAIRING: foie gras, duck ham and sausages.
TEMPERATURE: 16 °C
ALCOHOL CONTENT: 13.5%