Vega Sicilia Único 1987
Vega Sicilia (Ribera del Duero)
Product not available in United Kingdom
£391.50 + £8.61 Shipping (3 days)
Shipping: Je Veux Ce Vin (France)
£ You will receive 6 points for each unit bought
Only 1 units left!
Technical sheet · Vega Sicilia Único
|Type Of Wine:||red wine|
|Vintage:||1987 Other vintages|
|Appellation:||Ribera del Duero (Castilla y León,Spain)|
|Volume:||75cl Other volumes|
|Grapes:||Cabernet Sauvignon, Tempranillo, Tinto Fino|
|Pairing:||StartersMeatHam and sausagesCheesePâté or foie grasRoastBraised BeefRed meatGameBarbecueFoie|
If you liked Vega Sicilia Único 1987, you may also enjoy...
Description · Vega Sicilia
Vega Sicilia Único 1987 (Cabernet Sauvignon, Tempranillo and Tinto Fino)
- View: Cherry red garnet very well covered
- Nose: Complex and elegant nose, ripe fruit, spices (clove, nutmeg), dried fruit, leather, animal, wood
- Mouth: Powerful in the mouth, tasty, well balanced, fruity on the palate, fleshy, abundant fine tannins ripened nicely polished. Elegant palate, good acidity and noble end, with the complexity and subtlety of the nose
GRAPES: 80% Tinto Fino, 5% Malbec, 5% Merlot and 10% Cabernet Sauvignon
TEMPERATURE: 17 ° C
Vega Sicilia winery is probably the most recognized Spanish wine-growing estate on international level. It was founded by Eloy Lecanda in 1864. During its nearly 150 years of history, the owners of the winery changed but the wines always have kept their personality: concentrated, genres and very...
Buy Vega Sicilia Wine:
Experts · Vega Sicilia Único 1987
Robert Parker: 95/100 (Vega Sicilia Único 1987 -264327)Pablo Alvarez believes 1987 was an atypical vintage for Vega Sicilia and that initially the Unico was “very tense, not generous and unusually harsh” but in bottle, he finds that it has become relaxed and whole. A blend of 80% Tinto Fino, 10% Cabernet Sauvignon and 10% Merlot/Malbec, it has a comparatively introspective bouquet with blackberry, warm gravel, blood orange and raspberry coulis. It opens nicely with aeration although it retains some of its saturnine nature that was apparently remarked upon its release. The palate is medium-bodied with an attractive, edgy bitter note on the entry. The tannins are a little coarse compared to other vintages but harmonious in the mouth. It is interwoven by edgy, crisp acidity with touches of cooked meat and mandarin, plus a little liquorice towards the sappy, succulent finish. It is missing a little flair, but represents a fine, assertive style of Unico that should mellow with bottle age.
More reviews about Vega Sicilia Único 1987
Posted on 04/09/17 at 09.43
- View: vivid and bright, light mahogany trim.
- Nose: Elegant nose, fruit in syrup, coffee and snuff, some minty character, eucalyptus or understory (thyme and rosemary).
- Mouth: character, soft attack, with great aromatic persistence and velvet tannins, complex aromas of compote, some balsamic character.
APPELLATION: Ribera del Duero.
PAIRING: Stewed red meat, big game hunting.
ALCOHOL CONTENT: 14%
Posted on 14/08/13 at 06.22
I like it
Summary of ratings
Reviews about other vintages
Reviews about Vega Sicilia Único 2007
Reviews about Vega Sicilia Único 2006
Reviews about Vega Sicilia Único 2004