Ribera del Duero
Protos Crianza 200975cl
Protos Crianza 2016
|Type Of Wine:||red wine|
|Vintage:||2009 Other vintages|
|Appellation:||Ribera del Duero (Castilla y León, Spain)|
|Volume:||75cl Other volumes|
|Grapes:||Tempranillo, Tinto Fino, Tinta del País|
Description of Protos Crianza 2009
Protos Crianza 2009 (Tempranillo, Tinto Fino and Tinta del País)
- View: Protos Crianza 2009 is cherry red colour with garnet rim and purple flashes indicating youth.
- Nose: elegant with intense aromas of ripe black fruit and complex flavors from the wood, spice, licorice, toasted ... Intense and complex wine.
- Mouth: the mouth is large, satiny, with ripe tannins, balanced with a lingering finish and very aromatic.
Serving temperature: 16-17 ° C
GRAPES: 100% Tinta del Pais.
Fermentation and maceration in stainless steel tanks with control
temperature ranging between 26 º C and 28 ° C.
The maceration is about two weeks, with four daily pumping.
AGING: 12 months in barrels:
- 33% new French oak
- 34% French oak for one year
- 33% French oak for two years
Ac. Total: 5.2 g / l tartaric acid.
Ac. Volatile: 0.61 g / l acetic acid.
Awards:Protos Crianza 2009 has been awarded the gold medal in the "Berliner Wein Trophy 2012", one of the most important competitions in the wine world. It has also been awarded the Platinum Medal Competition "Best Spanish Wines".
How to serve
Protos, which comes from the Greek word for "FIRST", has the pride and the privilege of having found maturity and ease in the best and the foremost of the wineries in the area and of having been a recognized trademark all this time.More about the Winery
The sommelier's review
Reviews of Protos Crianza 2009
Did not seem well with fish, I would have preferred a vegetable stew.
A friend invited me especially to try this Protos Crianza.
Buying wine online is easy at Uvinum, and I confirmed it when purchasing this red.
Rich in complexity.
Of the best I've tasted in deed.