Ribera del Duero
Portia Prima 201675cl
This product is not available in United Kingdom.
Take a look at the options we can offer you.
Description of Portia Prima 2016
Portia Prima 2016 (Tempranillo)
- View: Intense red, clean, bright cherry, ruby highlights.
- Nose: complex, fruity aromas, black fruit, sweet spices, vanilla, cocoa, parenting and toast notes.
- Mouth: tasty, structured, balanced, nice finish, long aging notes and black fruit.
APPELLATION: Ribera de Duero.
VINEYARD: The grapes used by Portia Prima comes exclusively from a single farm located about 750 meters: Payment of the Pino.
GRAPES: 100% Tempranillo.
AGEING: aged for 15 months in the same containers of malolactic fermentation.
PREPARATION: Vintage wine and corresponding processes are performed conventionally, the tradition of years and years of winemaking experience in the region. After arriving at the facility, bunches go through a selection table, which are chosen only those who meet the optimum conditions. Subsequently a first process of alcoholic fermentation is carried at constant temperature 28º and controlled. After this phase, MOST conducted a second fermentation, malolactic in this case, in new French oak barrels.
WINE PAIRING: cod, grilled red meat, red meat grilled beef, white meat and mushrooms.
RECOMMENDED SERVING TEMPERATURE: 16 ° C
Bodegas Portia offers an excellent range of wines. Some of them winners of prestigious international competitions.More about the Winery
Reviews of Portia Prima 2016
- The winemaker selects grapes from the prime upper side of the bunch, known in Spanish as the 'shoulder'.
- It has a limited production of 100 new French oak barrels. After 10 months in American oak, it undergoes malolactic fermentation in French oak.
- 90 point rating from Robert Parker's The Wine Advocate in the February 2008 issue.