Ribera del Duero
Portia Prima 201475cl
Portia Prima 2014
Description of Portia Prima 2014
Portia Prima 2014 (Tempranillo)
TASTING NOTES OF Portia Prima 2014: Portia Prima 2014
- View: clean, bright, cherry red with garnet evolution.
- Nose: intense, complex, integrated ripe fruit with sweet and toasted barrel aging, spicy touches.
- Mouth: flavourful, good structure, balanced acidity and round tannin. Long finish with spicy notes.
APPELLATION: Ribera del Duero.
WINERY: Bodegas Portia.
GRAPES: 100% Tempranillo.
AGEING: 15 months in oak barrels.
PREPARATION: grape selection and controlled fermentation at 28 °C. malolactic fermentation in new French oak barrels.
PAIRING: any kind of meat, barbecued potatoes, seafood with seafood, cheeses half healing and dessert with berries, with rice and all kinds of pasta.
TEMPERATURE: 12-15 °C
ALCOHOL CONTENT: 14.5%
Bodegas Portia offers an excellent range of wines. Some of them winners of prestigious international competitions.More about the Winery
Reviews of Portia Prima 2014
- The winemaker selects grapes from the prime upper side of the bunch, known in Spanish as the 'shoulder'.
- It has a limited production of 100 new French oak barrels. After 10 months in American oak, it undergoes malolactic fermentation in French oak.
- 90 point rating from Robert Parker's The Wine Advocate in the February 2008 issue.