Ribera del Duero
Portia Prima 201375cl
Portia Prima 2014
Description of Portia Prima 2013
Portia Prima 2013 (Tempranillo)
TASTING NOTES OF Portia Prima 2013
- View: Intense cherry tones edging youth.
- Nose: Intense aromas, many nuances, very ripe black fruit, pepper background, features vanilla, roasted and balsamic aromas.
- Mouth: Very powerful attack came very meaty, sweet and pleasant tannins, unctuous and friendly aftertaste.
APPELLATION: Ribera del Duero.
VINES: Bodegas Portia
PAIRING: Red meats, sausages, roast lamb with wild herbs, mushroom risotto and asparagus.
ALCOHOL CONTENT: 14%
Bodegas Portia offers an excellent range of wines. Some of them winners of prestigious international competitions.More about the Winery
Reviews of Portia Prima 2013
- The winemaker selects grapes from the prime upper side of the bunch, known in Spanish as the 'shoulder'.
- It has a limited production of 100 new French oak barrels. After 10 months in American oak, it undergoes malolactic fermentation in French oak.
- 90 point rating from Robert Parker's The Wine Advocate in the February 2008 issue.