Ribera del Duero
Portia Prima 201175cl
Portia Prima 2014
Description of Portia Prima 2011
Portia Prima 2011 (Tempranillo)
- View: Portia Prima 2011 to view cherry shown, garnet rim.
- Nose: nose has aromas of spicy, ripe fruit, creamy oak, toasted
- Mouth: The wine is powerful, rich, toasted
DESIGNATION OF ORIGIN: Ribera del Duero
WINERY: Bodegas Portia
Bodegas Portia offers an excellent range of wines. Some of them winners of prestigious international competitions.More about the Winery
Reviews of Portia Prima 2011
- The winemaker selects grapes from the prime upper side of the bunch, known in Spanish as the 'shoulder'.
- It has a limited production of 100 new French oak barrels. After 10 months in American oak, it undergoes malolactic fermentation in French oak.
- 90 point rating from Robert Parker's The Wine Advocate in the February 2008 issue.
- Tasting notes: Colour: deep cherry. Nose: ripe fruit, fruit expression,
roasted coffee, complex, elegant. Palate: powerful, flavourful,
full, rich, complex
- Score: 92