Ribera del Duero
Hacienda Monasterio Reserva 201675cl
Hacienda Monasterio Reserva 2016
|Type Of Wine:||red wine|
|Vintage:||2016 Other vintages|
|Appellation:||Ribera del Duero (Castilla y León, Spain)|
|Winery:||Bodegas Hacienda Monasterio|
|Grapes:||Cabernet Sauvignon, Tempranillo|
Description of Hacienda Monasterio Reserva 2016
Hacienda Monasterio Reserva 2016 (Cabernet Sauvignon and Tempranillo)
Producer: Bodegas Hacienda Monasterio
Appellation: Ribera del Duero
Grapes: Cabernet Sauvignon and Tempranillo
Hacienda Monasterio is built on an estate of 113 hectares, 70 of which are planted with vines. Located halfway between the towns of Pesquera and Valbuena del Duero, famous for the high quality of its wines. At the end of the nineteenth century, the farm was part of the family properties Lecanda, a pioneer in the new tradition of winemaking in the area. The winery, built between 1991 and 1992, was designed by French architect Philippe Mazieres, who previously had worked on such prestigious wineries as Chateau Margaux, Chateau D'Yquem Prieure-Lechine.More about the Winery
Reviews of Hacienda Monasterio Reserva 2016
- View: Hacienda Monasterio Reserva 2014 presents a ruby red, intense and brilliant color.
- Nose: Shown mineral nose with a large presence of red fruit, strawberry and cherry notes with a minty notes in harmony with the tertiary aromas contributed by the barrel aging.
- Mouth: The palate entry is crisp and fresh with a still very alive of young tannins that provide great mouthfeel presence.
PAIRING: Sausages, Pork stew, Grilled Lamb, Grilled red meats, Stews, Roasts, Large game, Game animals, Sheep's Cheese, Jamón Ibérico de Bellota
GRAPES: Tinto Fino and Cabernet Sauvignon
WINERY: Bodegas Hacienda Monasterio
- View: Ruby.
- Nose: Fruity, mineral, woody.
- Mouth: Fruit, minty, woodsy. Structured, elegant.
APPELLATION: O.D. Ribera del Duero
VINEYARD: Bodegas Hacienda Monasterio
GRAPES: Cabernet Sauvignon, Tinta del País, Merlot.
AGEING: 20 months in new and semi-new French oak barrels.
WINE PAIRING: Red meat, game.
TEMPERATURE: 15-17 °C
ALCOHOL CONTENT: 15%