Ribera del Duero
Damana 5 201875cl
Damana 5 2018
Description of Damana 5 2018
Damana 5 2018 (Tempranillo)
- View: intense cherry red, medium-high.
- Nose: red fruits, fresh and balanced, with spicy contributions.
- Mouth: sweet, fresh and fruity, with a vividness. Pleasant aftertaste.
APPELLATION: Ribera de Duero.
VINEYARD: own farm in Valladolid, within the O.D. Ribera de Duero. Age: 20 years. Sandy loam soil.
GRAPES: 100% Tempranillo.
AGEING: 5 months in French oak barrels 80% American and 20%.
PREPARATION: Vintage done manually. Stripping and maceration at controlled temperature. Fermentation alcoholic and malolactic in stainless steel tanks.
WINE PAIRING: Red meat grilled or in sauce.
RECOMMENDED SERVING TEMPERATURE: 12-14 ° C
Reviews of Damana 5 2018
- On the palate there is a wealth of fresh, lively berry fruit flavours leading to a sumptuous yet elegant finish.
- Spain's answer to Malbec, Ribera del Duero is bolshy and fruity, dark and delicious.
- Damana 5 so named as it is aged for 5 months in oak
It's a red with an opaque tone. Smell of ripe fruit compote. An oil-textured wine.
I recommend to pair it with "Pinchos" or "Tapas".
My friends loved Damana 5.