Ribera del Duero
Damana 5 201775cl
Damana 5 2018
Description of Damana 5 2017
Damana 5 2017 (Tempranillo)
- View: intense ruby red with violet tints.
- Nose: Aromatic notes of ripe red fruits; It highlights cherry, strawberry, currant and raspberry. It has spicy and woody touches.
- Mouth: tannins intense flavor with a balanced acidity and a sweet touch. Aromatic and has a creamy taste.
APPELLATION: Ribera del Duero.VINEYARD: Tábula.GRAPES: Tempranillo.
AGEING: This wine is aged 6 months in French oak barrels.PREPARATION: The grapes are macerated for 2 days before being pressed, then pressing must is fermented in stainless steel tanks at controlled temperatures for 15 days, in this process natural yeasts are used. Then the wine is aged in French oak barrels for 6 months. Finally, it stabilized, filtered and bottled.
WINE PAIRING: Roasted red meats, lamb, pork chops, stews, cold meats, game birds, deer, bison, red sauce pastas, risottos with mushrooms, ripe cheese, sauteed vegetables.RECOMMENDED TEMPERATURE SERVICE: 16-18 °CALCOHOL: 13.5%
Reviews of Damana 5 2017
- On the palate there is a wealth of fresh, lively berry fruit flavours leading to a sumptuous yet elegant finish.
- Spain's answer to Malbec, Ribera del Duero is bolshy and fruity, dark and delicious.
- Damana 5 so named as it is aged for 5 months in oak
It's a red with an opaque tone. Smell of ripe fruit compote. An oil-textured wine.
Red wine with violet reflections. Toasty aromas. Very light flavour.