Bodegas Aalto (Ribera del Duero)
£46.42 + £14.64 Shipping (8 - 12 days)
£278.54 + £21.11 Shipping (8 - 12 days)
£557.08 + £30.69 Shipping (8 - 12 days)
Shipping: Gourmet en casa TCM - UK (Spain)
£ You will receive 0.71 points for each unit bought
Aalto is one of the best known wines of Ribera del Duero, born from a project initiated by Mariano García -considered one of the best oenologists in the world and whose contribution to the quality and fame of Ribera del Duero wines is indisputable- and Javier Zaccagnini in February 1999. Both had extensive experience in Ribera del Duero wines and the union of their knowledge resulted in a wine of the highest quality that year after year reflects all the richness of the lands of the Ribera del Duero.
To this end, the grapes from several villages are made separately (150 small plots of old vineyards owned by Bodegas Aalto in seven different villages in the Ribera del Duero region of Burgos as well as from other young vineyards owned by two villages in the province of Valladolid) and are assembled at the end of the ageing process. In this way, Aalto wines gain a great balance and complexity and for this reason Aalto 2016 is also one of the most recognised wines of the D.O.
The 2016 vintage stands out for its smoothness and fine tannins and will also age well thanks to the fact that the harvest was characterised by a good yield that has provided fresh and balanced wines.
Technical sheet · Aalto
|Type Of Wine:||red wine|
|Vintage:||2016 Other vintages|
|Appellation:||Ribera del Duero (Castilla y León,Spain)|
|Volume:||75cl Other volumes|
|Pairing:||StartersRiceMeatSoups and stewsChicken risottoRed meatBarbecueLambGrilled meatsRagout|
|Ending Year For Optimal Consumption:||2026|
If you liked Aalto 2016, you may also enjoy...
Description · Bodegas Aalto
Aalto 2016 (Tempranillo)
- View: dark purple red.
- Nose: fruity, with slightly sweet oak barrel notes well integrated, intense.
- Mouth: complex, structured, intense, elegant.
DENOMINATION OF ORIGIN: Ribera del Duero
VINEYARD: Bodegas Aalto
AGING: 21 months in new French oak barrels (50%) and first and second use French and American oak barrels (50%)
ELABORATION: vineyards between 40 and 80 years old. Harvest in boxes of 15 kilos that lasted 23 days.
WINE PAIRING: Rice, Chicken Risotto, Meat, Red meat, Barbecue, Lamb, Grilled meats, Starters, Potatoes and stews, Meat stew
TEMPERATURE OF CONSUMPTION: 16-18ºC
ALCOHOL GRADUATION: 14.5%
Aalto was founded in 1998 by the hand of Mariano Garcia (Bodegas Mauro and former winemaker at Vega Sicilia) with Javier Zaccagnini (Bodegas Ossian). It was launched in February 1999 with financial support from several investors excited about the quality wine. Mariano Garcia is the winemaker and...
Buy Bodegas Aalto Wine:
Highlighted review about Aalto 2016
Posted on 16/09/18 at 00.07
More reviews about Aalto 2016
Posted on 03/01/19 at 18.04
Posted on 08/10/18 at 11.30
- View: dark purple.
- Nose: intense fruity, fresh and light touch of wood well integrated.
- Mouth: complex, structured, elegantly typical nuances of licorice, coffee, snuff, black fruits and spices.
APPELLATION: Ribera del Duero.
AGEING: 17 months in 50% new barrels of French and American oak.
PAIRING: Madras lamb curry style.
TEMPERATURE: 14-16 °C
ALCOHOL CONTENT: 14.5%
Posted on 19/07/19 at 11.46
Aalto Tempranillo 2016
Posted on 10/07/19 at 13.07
Designation of Origin: Ribera del Duero (Spain)
Grapes: Tinto Fino
Bottle: 0, 75 L
Emblematic wine from a winery that, despite his youth, continues to collect numerous awards both fans and the critics. Undoubtedly, a wine of great balance and complexity, full of strength and personality.
• View: Intense
• Nose: Aromas fruity / floral aromas / licorice / incense / spice
• Palate: Intense / round / persistent / soft tannins / balanced
Aging: Middle Aged 20 months in oak barrels at a rate of 50% new French oak and 50% one to three years in French and American oak.
Graduation: 15, 0%
Optimum serving temperature: between 17 and 18 ° C
Posted on 22/04/19 at 04.30
- View: A view, Aalto 2016 has a dark purple
- Nose: The nose Aalto 2016 presents a great fruit intensity with aromas of wood in the background, giving complexity without diminishing freshness
- Palate: The palate, Aalto 2016 wine is broad, structured and elegant, with a tannic structure in perfect harmony with alcohol and acidity. the typical flavors of the Tempranillo, such as licorice and black fruits and roasted coffee, spices and snuff provided by an impeccable wood aging are perceived. This wine is long saved and will gain complexity over the years
- TEMPERATURE: Best served between 16 and 18 ° C
- Alcohol content: 15 °
Posted on 11/03/19 at 17.14
Posted on 02/03/19 at 04.30
Dark purple Nose
fruit flavors, licorice, mineral
aromas of barrel aging as vanilla, mocha, snuff
Intense, broad, elegant, fruity, fleshy, long
sweet and well balanced tannins.
Posted on 11/11/18 at 04.07
Posted on 31/10/18 at 16.30
- It occurs in Aalto Storage Quintanilla of Top (Valladolid). It is a single variety Tinto Fino comes from old vines between 40 and 100 years.
- The harvest is done manually, carefully selecting each cluster.
- This wine has a good integration of alcohol, fruit and wood.
- That makes it a very balanced and tasty wine.
- His aged in barrels of American and French oak.
- It has a large storage capacity, which can range from 15 to 20 years provided optimal conditions are guaranteed.
Posted on 26/10/18 at 03.55
Summary of ratings
Reviews about other vintages
Reviews about Aalto 2013
Reviews about Aalto 2011