You will like to know that…
The Martín Códax Winery was recognized as Best Winery of the Year in the Vivir el Vino awards. It bears its name as a tribute to a Galician troubadour who sang to life, love, and the lands of Val do Salnés and Martin Codax 2018 is a faithful portrait of the region and its wealth.
It is an Albariño monovarietal which has managed to stand out among the best of Rías Baixas, with recognitions such as the Gold Medal at the International Wine and Spirit Awards. Martin Codax 2018 delights with its elegance, purity, freshness and its perfect balance.
|Type Of Wine:||white wine|
|Vintage:||2018 Other vintages|
|Appellation:||Rias Baixas (Galicia, Spain)|
|Winery:||Bodegas Martín Codax|
|Volume:||75cl Other volumes|
Elaboration of Martin Codax 2018
Martin Codax 2018 (Albariño)
- View: Bright yellow with greenish sparkles.
- Nose: moderately intense aroma with notes of citrus, tangerine highlighting a trail. Floral background with fresh herbs.
- Boca: envelope and bulky, with an excellent balance in terms of acidity flavor. Citric persistent aftertaste.
APPELLATION: Rias Baixas.
VINEYARD: Martin Codax.
AGEING: young wine consumption.
PREPARATION: Manual harvesting of the grapes are de-stemmed and macerated. The entire process occurs in cold to keep the aromas of the wine. Then pressed and left for a month in a stainless steel tank at controlled temperatures for fermentation. Finally, filtered and the liquid is contained in a bottle.
WINE PAIRING: Fish, seafood, white meats, creamy rice, fresh cheeses.
RECOMMENDED SERVING TEMPERATURE: 10-12 °C
How to serve
Bodegas Martín Codax was opened in 1986 on the initiative of a group of growers.More about the Winery
Reviews of Martin Codax 2018
- Intensely perfumed, with hints of fresh herbs, green apples, citrus fruit and grapefruit.
- It is long, rounded and full bodied on the palate, with a light petillance that gives the wine a vivacious, fresh finish.
Martin Codax Albarino do Rias Baixas 2015
I would recommend to pair it with gouda cheese.
I bought it at the behest of a friend.