Elaboration of Mar de Frades Magnum 2018
Mar de Frades Magnum 2018 (Albariño)
- View: lemon yellow, green iridescence.
- Nose: ripe citrus tones and hints of magnolia, notes of chamomile and lemongrass on pear compote. salt and eucalyptus, typical background.
- Mouth: good acidity on the palate with cheerful entrance and a smooth passage with bitter touches very well placed, pineapple flavors, some dairy hue and lime background. Citric long end.
APPELLATION: Rias Baixas.VINEYARD: Name: Finca Valiñas. A vineyard planted on terraces and located south of Mount Valiñas in the Salnés Valley.GRAPES: Albariño.
PREPARATION: Vintage done manually and grapes passed through a strict selection process table, where you can discard up to 20-25% of the crop. Grape macerated between 10 and 20 hours and after a light pressing, obtaining a clean must and very aromatic. Fermentation carried out in a slow controlled temperature.
PAIRING: simple dishes of white fish, lobster and any type of seafood.RECOMMENDED SERVING TEMPERATURE: 8-10 °CALCOHOL: 12.5%
How to serve
Mar de Frades is Valiñas Villa Vineyard on the slopes of a hill in the center of the valley and facing Salnés the Arosa estuary where Atlantic breezes come tempered by the river.More about the Winery
Reviews of Mar de Frades Magnum 2018
- View: Mar de Frades 2017 has a lemon yellow with golden flecks and bright green lime reflection skin.
- Nose: Notes pome fruits such as green apple and pear especially blanquilla; all about a subtle and persistent floral background.
- Mouth: Brioso, leaving a fresh feeling, with continuity of what marked the nasal phase (flowers and green fruits about to mature ....). The final step is saline, with mineral notes and a reminder of ginger mixed with feelings of lychees and other exotic fruits.
APPELLATION: Rias Baixas
BODEGA: Mar de Frades
PREPARATION: Maceration between 10 and 20 hours, depending on the lot, to get the best musts to work with. The fermentations are controlled manner, at low temperature, for a highly aromatic wine.
PAIRING: Accompanies wonderfully simple dishes of white fish, lobster and any type of seafood.
TEMPERATURE: 8-10 °C
ALCOHOL CONTENT: 12.5% Vol.