Elaboration of Fillaboa Selección Finca Monte Alto 2016
Fillaboa Selección Finca Monte Alto 2016 (Albariño)
- View: Straw yellow clean, bright and greenish hues.
- Nose: Aromas of white fruits, apple, ripe pineapple, grapefruit; with notes of brioche bread, slightly toasted notes and nuts.
- Mouth: Friendly, ripe fruit flavor, with great structure, good acidity with a long, lingering finish.
APPELLATION: Rias Baixas
VINEYARD: Bodegas Fillaboa. They are located in Rías Baixas, Spain. Based on 1988 have total 74 hectares vineyard area, divided into 12 plots. Monte Alto is one of the most emblematic plots, with an elevation of 150 m above sea level; The vineyard is about 28 years, and is conducted in espalder, planted entirely with the variety of Albariño. It has sandy loam soil texture, with abundant boulder given its proximity to the river Miño. The richness of its soil has good drainage and adequate composition along the Atlantic rainy climate of mild temperatures, make up the privileged ecosystem of these vineyards.
AGEING: 12 months on fine lees in stainless steel tanks.
PREPARATION: Prepared traditionally alcoholic fermentation with controlled temperature of 14ºC to 16ºC to the top end; They are using selected yeasts, keeping the wine on lees in stainless steel tanks. The wine is stabilized by cold, filtered through diatomaceous earth and bottled.
PAIRING: Pasta, seafood, vegetarian, snacks, fish, sashimi and wok.
RECOMMENDED SERVING TEMPERATURE: 8-10 ° C
Fillaboa good daughter-in Galician is located in the parishes of Cabreira and Arentei, in the city of Salvatierra de Minho, where the river Minho sister, who does not divide, Spain and Portugal, and is the largest farm register of Pontevedra.More about the Winery
Reviews of Fillaboa Selección Finca Monte Alto 2016
- On the nose, apple,citrus and tropical aromas are strongest, and the citrus notes are very intense due to the perfect ripeness of the grapes from our Monte Alto plot.
- Well structured and powerful on the palate with a lingering finish. A notable aspect of this vintage is the well defined acidity.
I am convinced that any meat will suit.
I opened this wine with my best friend.
With Yellow amber notes in the edge. Notes of white fruits such as apples. It has cute flavours.