“The Albariño grapes are harvested by hand from a selection of grapes from our vineyards at Quinta de Sunny. produced according to the concepts of organic farming which protect the vineyard ecosystem fostering biodiversity and environmental sustainability. The microclimate that influences the production of Albariño grapes is very private. Melgaco. the northernmost region of Portugal. It is protected by a range of mountains that allow a perfect marriage of rainfall. the temperature and the number of hours of sunshine needed the best maturation of the grapes of the Alvarinho. This good sun exposure - sunny location - also named the portion that was at the origin of the brand. Sunny 2015 - a perfect and consistent harvest. The summer months and specifically in August had moderate daytime temperatures and cool nights that favor a slow ripening and the concentration of aromas in grapes. The onset of dry September contributed to a perfect balance in Albariño. In 2015 flowering occurred two weeks later than the last harvest due to low rainfall in winter. This year began harvesting the first week of September to maintain the characteristic refreshing Profile Sunny. The Sunny Albariño 2015 is a wine well to our style. elegant and intense. The grapes. exclusively from the Alvarinho. are manually harvested in small bins and transported to the winery in a short time espacio. After pressing. The wort obtained decanted for 48 hours. It follows the fermentation stage and in Casco French oak (new and used barrels). and remained on the lees with periodic batonnage end of June. intense yellow color. elegant and persistent aroma with hints of barrel. maintaining the freshness and fruit Alvarinho. The taste is full-bodied and complex. Ideal as an aperitif or with seafood. fish dishes or meat dishes of birds.”
Citrus colour, elegant and full flavour with oak notes, maintaining the freshness and fruit of Alvarinho grape. The flavour is full bodied and complex.
- Winemaker: António Luís Cerdeira
- Winemaking: The grapes are harvested manually in boxes of small capacity and carried to the cellar in a short space of time. After the pressing and the before fermentation with controlled temperature, the must was decanted during 48 hours. The fermentation and aging take place in French oak (new and used), and remained in "batonnage" with fine lees until the end of August,
- Grape Varieties: Alvarinho.
- Food Pairing: Ideal as an aperitif or to accompany seafood dishes, fish or poultry dishes.
- Store and Serve Advices: Recommended serving at a temperature of 6 to 8ºC”
“To take it with prawns. I drank this with my partner.
I was impressed by the almost amber yellow Soalheiro Reserva Branco. In aromas , highlights lemon. The Soalheiro Reserva Branco 2013 seemed lighter than previous years.”