Kooyong Clonale Chardonnay 201875cl
Kooyong Clonale Chardonnay 2018
Description of Kooyong Clonale Chardonnay 2018
Kooyong Clonale Chardonnay 2018 (Chardonnay)
- View: medium lemon.
- Nose: attractive citrus aromas, notes of white flowers blossom and honeysuckle.
- Mouth: fresh tangerine and ginger spice, notes of lemon, white nectarine and roasted cashews. Acid salt, a linear freshness, excellent length and a chalky texture.
APPELLATION: Mornington Peninsula.
VINEYARD: Vineyards of Tuerong and Balnarring.
GRAPES: 100% Chardonnay.
AGEING: After fermentation, the wine was aged on lees (without battonage) for nine months. He was bottled unclarified and with minimal filtration.
MAKING: the grapes are pressed gently whole-cluster directly in French oak barrels (of which 7% were new), where fermentation began spontaneously with environmental yeasts.
WINE PAIRING: pork, oily fish vegetarian and poultry.
Reviews of Kooyong Clonale Chardonnay 2018
- An aromatic nose with fresh lime, lemon and quartzy silica mineral characters, balanced with notes of grilled nuts, white peach and a soft creaminess.
- Palate is bright and again minerally with the same attractive balance of pert citrus zing and layers of texture; arguably this is also a particularly pure and structural vintage for Clonale.
- Will pair well with creamy dishes, or grilled white meats.
- 100% Chardonnay.