Kooyong Clonale Chardonnay 201775cl
Kooyong Clonale Chardonnay 2017
Description of Kooyong Clonale Chardonnay 2017
Kooyong Clonale Chardonnay 2017 (Chardonnay)
- White wine.
- Nose: attractive citrus aromas combine with blooming white flowers and honeysuckle nose.
- Mouth: sweet melon, dry hay, cashew nuts, nougat and curd. Round and pleasant. Salting acid provides linear freshness, resulting in a great length and a chalky texture.
APPELLATION: VictoriaVINEYARD: Kooyong. The owner is the Gjergja family, oenologist and winemaker Glen Hayley Stuart Marshall. The philosophy of the winery: its winemaking philosophy is to preserve the inherent properties of the fruit is better while producing wines with elegance, finesse, texture, complexity and structure.GRAPES: 100% Chardonnay
AGEING: The Kooyong Clonal is a blend of Chardonnay vineyards in Tuerong and Balnarring. The grapes were gently around the bundle pressed directly into French oak barrels (of which 7% new) where fermentation begins spontaneously ambient yeast. After fermentation, the wine was nine years yeast months (without battonage). The wine was bottled with minimal filtration.PRODUCTION: After a wet winter, bud break started relatively late in mid-September. Winter rain vineyards prepared long before spring. Spring temperatures was slightly above average, accompanied by precipitation below average. The mild and warm conditions continued throughout the summer. The harvest began in late February to early April and provides an excellent fruit. Wine contains sulfites. The practice of the hold is minimalist: fermentation of wines produced naturally by native environment yeasts. This also applies to the malolactic fermentation.
PAIRING: appetizers.RECOMMENDED TEMPERATURE SERVICE: 11-12 °CALCOHOL: 13%
Reviews of Kooyong Clonale Chardonnay 2017
- An aromatic nose with fresh lime, lemon and quartzy silica mineral characters, balanced with notes of grilled nuts, white peach and a soft creaminess.
- Palate is bright and again minerally with the same attractive balance of pert citrus zing and layers of texture; arguably this is also a particularly pure and structural vintage for Clonale.
- Will pair well with creamy dishes, or grilled white meats.
- 100% Chardonnay.