Ponte Pietra Merlot Corvina 201875cl
Ponte Pietra Merlot Corvina 2018
Description of Ponte Pietra Merlot Corvina 2018
Ponte Pietra Merlot Corvina 2018 (Corvina and Merlot)
- View: Ponte Pietra Merlot Corvina 2018 has a light red complexion.
- Nose: Nice and lively bouquet with hints of cherry and plum, and nuances of spice.
- Mouth: Soft and harmonious on the palate, with a taste of blackberry, cherry blossoms, and ripe cherry pie. The finish is balanced and smooth, with hints of redcurrant.
VINEYARD: Ponte Pietra Winery. These wines are produced at the Cantina di Montelforte. Known for their expressive wines with fruity flavours, the contrast between the warm weather and clay soils for the Merlot, and the cooler temperatures and basalt soils at the foothills where the Corvina is grown, gives this red a well-balanced character. Vegan and vegetarian product of the finest quality.
GRAPES: 60% Merlot, and 40% Corvina.
PREPARATION: The grapes are collected by hand, destemmed, crushed, and then subjected to maceration in stainless steel tanks. The must was left in contact with the skins for a period of four to five days, after which fermentation took place at a controlled temperature of 30°C. The wine was then pressed, and aged in stainless steel vats until it was ready to be bottled and commercialized.
PAIRING: This red wine pairs beautifully with strong meals, such as beef and venison.
RECOMMENDED SERVING TEMPERATURE: 16-18°C
Reviews of Ponte Pietra Merlot Corvina 2018
- A fresh and well-balanced wine.
- 60% Merlot, 40% Corvina/Corvinone.
This red wine is cherry with brown edges. Fantastic berry aromas. It tasted like a mouth-watering candy.