|Type Of Wine:||red wine|
|Vintage:||2015 Other vintages|
|Appellation:||South Australia (Australia)|
|Wine Level In The Bottle:||Top-Shoulder (THE - Très Haute Epaule)|
Description of D'Arenberg d'Arry's Original Shiraz Grenache 2015
D'Arenberg d'Arry's Original Shiraz Grenache 2015 (Grenache)
- View: D'Arenberg d'Arry's Original Shiraz Grenache 2015 has a deep but clear crimson red colour.
- Nose: Earthy notes on the nose, with strong aromas of red cherries, and an undertone of plums and blackberries.
- Mouth: Dry on the mouth with firm tannins and structure. Earthy flavour, with hints of plum, rhubarb, and blackberries. The finish is long and elegant.
APPELLATION: South Australia
VINEYARD: d'Arenberg winery. With a history that dates back to 1912, this vineyard is classified as organic and biodynamic-certified, and with the signature of using the conventional basket pressing method in the vinification of all the grape varieties. The Mediterranean weather that bathes this region of Australia favours the cultivation of red varieties such as Shiraz, Grenache, and Tempranillo, but top-quality products are also obtained for white wines.
GRAPES: 50% Shiraz and 50% Grenache.
AGEING: Twenty months in oak barrels prior to bottling.
PREPARATION: The grapes are separated in small batches and gently crushed before being transferred to open fermenters. Foot treading is implemented when the fermentations is two thirds completed. The wine is then pressed and stored in a mixture of new and used French and American oak barrels to complete the fermentation process. The wine is then left to mature, and the final blending occurs just prior to bottling, which is done unfiltered.
PAIRING: Ideal to accompany strong meat dishes, such as beef and venison.
RECOMMENDED SERVING TEMPERATURE: 15-18°C
d'Arenberg is one of the most significant wineries in McLaren Vale. In 1912 Joseph Osborn (pictured left), a teetotaller and director of Thomas Hardy and Sons, purchased the well established Milton Vineyards of 25 hectares in the hills just north of the townships of Gloucester and Bellevue, now known as McLaren Vale.More about the Winery
Reviews of D'Arenberg d'Arry's Original Shiraz Grenache 2015
- The nose opens with raspberry, blueberry and plum stone with a layer of graphite and rose water, adding interest and elegance.
- The palate is darker with cherry and juicy plum, before dark chocolate, mocha and blackberry emerge.