Robert Weil Riesling Trocken 1L 20181L
This product is not available in United Kingdom.
Take a look at the options we can offer you.
Description of Robert Weil Riesling Trocken 1L 2018
Robert Weil Riesling Trocken 1L 2018 (Riesling)
- View: Color deep yellow, with gold and amber hues.
- Nose: Intense aromas of citrus fruits, wild berries, with mineral tones, spices and herbs.
- Mouth: soft, dry, elegant, balanced with good acidity and body. citrus and intense flavors of ripe fruit. dry finish.
VINEYARD: Weingut Robert Weil.
AGEING: 2 months stainless steel barrels, followed by 2 months in French oak barrels.
DEVELOPMENT: The grapes are handpicked. These are subjected to a process of de-stemming and soft pressing. The must be entered in stainless steel barrels a gravitational process. The fermentation was conducted at controlled temperatures of 15 °C, with the addition of natural yeasts. After this process, the wine was subjected to a short period of maturation and bottling at cold temperatures.
PAIRING: Appetizers, white meats, seafood, risotto, carpaccio, vegetable creams, salads, fruit desserts.
RECOMMENDED SERVING TEMPERATURE: 8-10 °C
Dr. Robert Weil, founder of the winery of the same name, taught German at the Parisian university, Sorbonne. 1870/71, shortly before the outbreak of war between Germany and France, he left France and settled down in Kiedrich. His activity as vintner was still secondary at this moment. Primarily, Dr. Weil was working as a journalist. In 1875, he expanded his vineyards on the Kiedricher mountain adding the region's best terroirs. His quality cultivation soon was on everyone's lips, and the winery Robert Weil exported its wines into the world. But before all, the brand's Riesling-wines strongly convinced several imperial dynasties and royal houses. The big break-through came with the Gräfenberg series. One bottle even accompanied the "LZ 127 Graf Zeppelin" on its maiden voyage, the "1920 Kiedricher Gräfenberg Trockenbeerenauslese Bestes Fass Nr. 20" was on the wine menu.More about the Winery
Reviews of Robert Weil Riesling Trocken 1L 2018
Dark yellow colour . It has aromas of white flowers. A wine with presence.
- View: bright yellow.
- Nose: a wonderful nose of peach, apricot, grapefruit, herbs, spring flowers and mineral notes.
- Mouth: racy, wonderfully clear, beautiful mineral fruit, delicately spicy, elegant, very good game.
APPELLATION: Rheingau .
VINEYARD: Robert Weil
TEMPERATURE: 8-10 °C
ALCOHOL CONTENT: 12%
- View: Robert Weil Riesling Trocken 1L 2012 has a bright golden yellow
- Nose: On the nose, a delicate fruity aroma unfolds with a blend of citrus, peach and delicate floral vine.
- Mouth: The palate is fresh and be pleasantly shines with its crisp structure. A final touch of citrus.
CELLAR: Robert Weil