Lapostolle is the maker of this Casa Lapostolle Cuvée Alexandre Merlot , a red wine from the region of Rapel Valley that is based on merlot and carmenere grapes. Drinks&Co users evaluate this red wine with 4 out of 5 points.
Technical sheet · Casa Lapostolle Cuvée Alexandre Merlot
“- Colour: Intense ruby red with a purple edge.
- Nose: Intense, with aromas of red fruit such as raspberry and strawberry with fresh herbs aromas and earthy toast notes
- Palate: Medium bodied with a silky texture, with round and juicy tannins.
- Finish: Cassis and coffee beans notes provide an elegant finish.
- Drink now or cellar for several years. Decant for 1 hour and serve at 16 degrees centigrade.
- Enjoy with ravioli with mushroom sauce and basil; masala chicken with grilled vegetables; and roast turkey with oranges on mashed puree.”
“- 88% Merlot and 12% Carmenère.
- Colour: Intense dark purple colour.
- Nose: Complex and intense nose with red and black ripe fruit such as raspberry and blueberries. Dark plums notes and cacao aromas.
- Palate: Velvety texture. Juicy and round tannins structure, with balance acidity and very persistent finish.
- Service and Food Pairing: Ready to drink now or cellar for several years. Decant for 1 hour and serve at 16°C (58°F). Ideal companion for meats and well seasoned dishes with a red wine demiglace such as short ribs and angus beef.”
“On the palate, the impression is confirmed from the nose. Here the Casa Lapostolle Cuvée Alexandre Merlot shows intense aromas of ripe red fruits like plum and cherry. Then, a very well-integrated wood tone of some of vanilla and sweet spices but also reminds nutty flavors we feel on the palate. Good complexity, very well structured in terms of acidity and body as well as the mature and soft tannins. The finish shows a similarly good STRUKTURE and will last at. This shows us its potential for maturity.”
“This wine wasn't good enough for our dinner. My best friend had tried it and she recommended it to me.
Ruby colour apparently, but it had more intense reflections. Aromas of berries, typical of . It felt like the typical astringency from Casa Lapostolle.”