“Founded in 1854 by the descendants of the Duke of Lancaster, surrounded by cork oaks and eucalyptus trees from Australia, the Herdade da Calada is hidden between the gentle hills of the Alentejo. Throughout the years it Has Been the target of various interventions and improvements, but preserves the beauty and elegance of the original feature of the main building and today is one of the most modern and innovative winemaking domains in Portugal, with an enotourism unit 35 hectares vineyard of 110 hectares of olive grove 60 of cereals, of mount 215 and lodging a magnificent”
Colour red ruby. Fresh and crispy red wine with cheery flavours. Delicious and juicy with nice body.
- Winemaker: Eduardo Cardeal
- Winemaking: Handpicked, 5 days maceration followed by temperature controlled fermentation.
- Grape Varieties: Aragonês, Trincadeira, Syrah.
- Food Pairing: This wine finely accompanies red meats, roast beef and grilled meats.
- Store and Serve Advices: It should be served at a temperature of 16ºC to 18ºC.”