The Montes Claros Reserva is a white wine from Alentejo produced by Adega Cooperativa de Borba that contains trincadeira, touriga nacional, syrah, cabernet sauvignon and aragonêz grapes. 4 of 5 points is the average score of this white according to Drinks&Co users.
“15,5 pts Revista de Vinhos - Deep garnet coloured. Rich and intense aroma of forest fruit as well as chocolate. Round, ample taste with a long finish. Velvety and complex flavours of fruit, toasted, chocolate and powerful tannins.”
“Founded in 1955, Borba Cellar was the first of a series of wineries settled in the Alentejo region. Nowadays the cellar Borba brings together vineyards cover 300 associates Whose total area of 2, 000 ha, Which is 70% of red grape varieties cultivated with 30% and one with white”
Deep garnet coloured. Rich and intense aroma of forest fruit as well as chocolate. Round, ample taste with a long finish. Velvety and complex flavours of fruit, toasted, chocolate and powerful tannins.
- Winemaker: Óscar Gato
- Winemaking: To compose this special wine Reserva, which is one of the oldest trademark from the region of Alentejo, we pre-selected very carefully grapes from the oldest vine to follow rigorously their maturation evolution. Only the best ones were harvested, exclusively manually. In the vinification center, they were crushed, fermented and left in prolonged contact with the skins for 10-12 days to extract all the fruit complexity and aroma. The malolactic fermentation occured with a part in stainless steel vats and the remainder in wooden casks. The selected final blend matured for 12 months in new French and American oaken casks to gain more structure and complexity and then for 6 months in bottles in our cellar.
- Grape Varieties: Aragonês, Trincadeira, Touriga Nacional, Cabernet Sauvignon, Syrah.
- Food Pairing: Good as an accompaniment to meat or cheese.
- Store and Serve Advices: Should be served young (till 5-6 years). Best served at room temperature 16-18ºC.”
Brilliant, green-tinged with golden gleams. Intense, complex and elegant aroma of tropical fruit, pineapple with a hint of vanilla and nice French oak. Rich, harmonious and equilibrated on the palate. Smooth and fresh with a persistence of citrus and tropical fruit.
- Winemaker: Óscar Gato
- Winemaking: To make this wine, first we selected vineyards with special conditions (sun, soil-composition, etc) to control very carefully the maturation evolution of their grapes in order to choose the best harvest time, and select only the best ones. In the Adega, they were crushed and the issued must had a light skins contact and clarified for 18-24 hours. The alcoholic fermentation occurred at 15ºC, then the wine matured in French oaken casks with "bâtonnage sur lies" during a few days. All the vinification process was made with separated grapes. After a sensorial analysis of the evolution of each wine, in the spring, the final blend was decided and composed. This final wine was bottled and then reposed for 3 months in bottle in our cellar.
- Grape Varieties: Roupeiro, Antão Vaz, Arinto, Verdelho.
- Food Pairing: Good with fish or roasted meat dishes.
- Store and Serve Advices: Can be served young but it is better after 3-4 years. Best served chilled 12-14ºC.”
“The Montes Claros Reserva is a familiar wine of Adega Cooperativa de Borba.
Intense red Bordeaux. Strong scents of coffee and toffee. Astringent.
My partner paired it with several snacks. Was a good idea.”
“The Montes Claros Reserva is just so good.
Outstanding cherry colour with a low layer. Strong aromas of oak and cedar. It has a slightly salty final.
Unfortunately, it did not match with food, although the wine was really ok.”