Herdade dos Grous elaborates this Herdade dos Grous , a white wine from Alentejo produced with alicante bouschet, aragonêz, touriga nacional and syrah grapes. The Herdade dos Grous is the ideal white to combine with pizza and pasta bolognese.
“Tasting Notes: Bright deep garnet color. Complex aroma of ripe fruit and mint. Flavor rich in fruit, concentrated and with a long final. Ideal for dishes from Alentejo
Serving at: 16/18ºC.
We recommend with: Hunting? | Red Meat | Cheese?”
- Complex aroma of ripe fruit and mint
- The hand-picked grapes are de-stemmed and then cooled down through thermal shock to 10°C. After two days of cold maceration the wine ferments in small steel tanks. The maturing takes place in new barrique barrels made from French oak.”
Deep, concentrated plummy-red tones Complex aromas. Mature well integrated fruit. Full-flavoured, good concentration, soft tannin structure.
- Winemaker: Luís Duarte
- Winemaking: Grapes are hand-selected on a purpose-built selection table The fruit is instantly cooled to 10ºc on arrival at the winery Musts are cold-soaked' for up to 2 days prior to fermentation Innoculation with selected yeasts Prolonged fermentation and maceration in lagares' (traditional open fermenters) Aged in new French oak barriques.
- Grape Varieties: Alicante Bouschet, Syrah, Touriga Nacional, Aragonês.
- Food Pairing: A perfect accompaniment to Mediterranean dishes.
- Store and Serve Advices: Should be served at 14 a 16ºC”