Elaboration of Herdade do Rocim Amphora Branco 2018
Herdade do Rocim Amphora Branco 2018 (Antão Vaz, Perrum and Rabo de Ovelha)
- View: This white wine is deep golden color with bright hues.
- Nose: The nose is fresh, smoky, spicy and vegetal smell by contact with the skin of the fruit. notes tomato and grapefruit are perceived.
- Mouthfeel: a dry solid palate, and structural. Savors some salinity, with long mineral finish.
APPELLATION: Alentejo (Portugal).
VINEYARD: Winery Herdade do Rocim.
GRAPES: Antão Vaz, Rabo de Ovelha and Perrum.
AGEING: The aging of this wine is made in the bottle for a period of two months, stored in the cellar, so that then it goes on sale.
PREPARATION: This white wine is made traditionally in earthenware vessels without temperature control. the ancestral form was fully complied to produce this wine. Fermentation was carried out with and without addition yeasts or correction must. The wine is aged for two months in bottle. Because this wine is not stabilized before bottling, not to affect its possible evolution, it appears in a light tank natural.
WINE PAIRING: This wine bank is good to accompany meat chicken and turkey, fish and shellfish. It can also be enjoyed as an aperitif when served chilled.
RECOMMENDED SERVING TEMPERATURE: 10-12 ° C
The Herdade do Rocim is mainly the result of a desire and a dream. "God wants, Man dreams, the Work is born" is the poetic expression of Fernando Pessoa that can best help to understand the circumstances in which the idea and the constructed work came about. This is the path we wish to pursue. In the fragility of our human condition, we dare to think that, in fact, in order to reach the reality that is today the Estate of the Rocim, some God inspired us and some dream moved us.More about the Winery
Reviews of Herdade do Rocim Amphora Branco 2018
- Golden colour. Fresh, smoky, spicy and vegetal aroma from the skin contact. Tomato plant and grapefruit notes. Firm, dry and textural palate. Some salinity and a long and mineral finish
- Fermentation took place using indigenous yeasts and with no addition, or correction, of must
- 2 months in bottle