Elaboration of Antão Vaz da Peceguina Branco 2017
Antão Vaz da Peceguina Branco 2017 (Antão Vaz)
- View: Antão Vaz da Peceguina Branco 2017 is a yellow-straw-coloured wine.
- Nose: Its bouquet is very floral, fruity and with a slight citric touch.
- Mouth: On the palate it comes in very powerfully, with its fresh acidity and solid structure. Flavours of melon, pears, apples, lemon and white flowers are very dominant. This is a fresh wine with a long and floral finish. It should be consumed within 5 years after the fermentation.
VINEYARD: Peceguina. The soil type where the vineyards are grown is known as Xistoso. The vineyards are carefully nurtured to express through grapes the terroir of this appellation.
GRAPES: 100% Antão Vaz
AGEING: This wine has not been aged in barrels, after the wine settled and before bottling.
PREPARATION: The grapes are manually harvested and carried in small boxes of 12kg to the winery. After the sorting and destemming process, the grapes are lightly crushed. The fermentation was done in French Oak barrels, and it lasted for 19 days. Ambiental temperature was the main temperature controlling factor in this fermentation.
PAIRING: Antão Vaz da Peceguina Branco 2017 goes very nice with many great dishes but also does pretty well by itself. Try it with seafood, grilled fish, white meats or just as an aperitif.
RECOMMENDED SERVING TEMPERATURE: 10-12°C
The space, the time, the passion, the nature, the pleasure, the life. We are confident that dreams are only truly fultilled when they are shared with others.More about the Winery
Reviews of Antão Vaz da Peceguina Branco 2017
Exuberant aroma, very floral, mature fruit (melon and pear) and slightly citric touch. On the mouth it came voluptuous, fat, with equilibrated acidity and good structure.
- Winemaker: Luís Duarte
- Winemaking: The grapes were grown in our vineyards and hand harvested, carried in small boxes of 12kgs to the winery and sorted before destemming and lightly crushing. Fermentation occured in french oak for 19 days at controlled temperatures.
- Grape Varieties: Antão Vaz.
- Food Pairing: Good with seafood, grilled fresh fish, white meats and as an aperitif.
- Store and Serve Advices: Storage Lying down at a temperature of 15°C. Serving at a temperature from 10-12°C.