“TASTING NOTES:View: Adega Mayor Caiado 2017 is purple with ruby highlights.Nose: Intense aromas of fresh and concentrated red fruit reminiscent of ripe plums. spicy notes.Mouth: freshness in the mouth supported perfectly melted round and soft tannins.APPELLATION: AlentejoVINEYARD: Adega Mayor. Located in the Alentejo region in Portugal, the winery Adega Mayor more than 350 hectares of oak woods, riparian galleries and farmland stretching. He bathed in the heart of a Mediterranean ecosystem and have a strong tradition of wine. Mediterranean and temperate climate allows the production of quality grapes and unique wines.GRAPES: 50% Aragonez, Trincadeira 30%, 20% AlfrocheiroAGEING: Aged in stainless steel tanks, followed by 6 months in bottle.PREPARATION: Adega Mayor Caiado 2017 is a Portuguese sweet and fruity red wine, naming Alentejo. The vines enjoy a mild climate and grow in clay soils rich in granite. The grapes are scraped and lightly milled before being fermented in stainless steel tanks.PAIRING: enjoy it throughout the meal with a wide selection of dishes. Ideally it consumed in pasta dishes to accompany a cheese plate or a wide selection of grilled meats.RECOMMENDED SERVING TEMPERATURE: 16 ° -18 °CALCOHOL: 13.5%”
The aroma is engaging and full of fruit, highlighting the ripe plums and the spice notes. The palate is soft and full of freshness, with round and soft tannins.
- Winemaker: Paulo Laureano and Carlos Rodrigues
- Winemaking: Destemmed without crushing, fermentation occured in stainless steel vats at 25ºC. Followed by 6 months in bottle prior to market release.
- Grape Varieties: Castelão, Aragonês, Trincadeira, Alicante Bouschet.
- Food Pairing: This soft and fruity wine is perfect for everyday meals. Ideal for meat dishes, mush rooms and cheese.
- Store and Serve Advices: Storage Lying down at a temperature of 15°C. Serve at a temperature of 16°C to 18ºC.”