The Martinet Bru of Mas Martinet: a red wine from Priorat with a blend based on garnacha tinta, syrah, merlot, monastrell, garnacha, cariñena and cabernet sauvignon grapes. The Martinet Bru is the ideal red to combine with semi-cured cheese and pork. At Drinks&Co, this red wine scores an average rate of 4 of 5 points.
“- Bru Martinez breeding is a red wine with designation of origin Priorat.
- It is made with grapes from different varieties Grenache, Carignan, Cabernet Sauvignon, Syrah and Merlot from the winery Mas Martinet.
- Its color is dark cherry color with violet hues.
- it has an intense aroma of ripe fruit accompanied by notes of licorice.
- On the palate it dominates its fruity flavor.
- We recommend decanting beforehand to calm your notes liquor.
- This wine has undergone an aging 18 months in vats and French oak barrels.
- We can accompany this wine with sausage, roast lamb or grilled red meats, stews and cured cheeses.”
“Martinet Bru 2014 is a red wine from the region of Catalonia and produced by Mas Martinet Viticultors within the denomination D. O. Priorat. In drawing 2014 Martinet Bru Garnacha, Syrah covered by the D. O. Priorat used. Martinet Bru 2014 has been punctuated with - points Penin 91 points Parker.”
“Color pillory with cardenalicio edge, with some precipitate. Good intensity on the nose, mineral notes appear soon slaty that take us to Priorat, aromatic and floral backgrounds, aromas gives them frankly, going out some toast and coffee. The palate is sweet, frank, well structured and balanced, light amargosidad, too soft for Priorat, elegant and with good length.
Development and Aging
The aging period is 15 months in French oak barrels. . . .”
“TASTING NOTES OF Mas Martinet Martinet Bru 2009:
- View: cherry, garnet rim.
- Nose: Powerful aroma, roasted, mineral note.
- Mouth: tasty, balanced, ripe fruit, friendly way, ripe tannins.
VINEYARD: Finca Mas Torrent.
GRAPES: 50% Grenache (Hairy and Black), 20% Syrah, 10% Carignan, 10% Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot 10%.
AGEING: 18 months in French oak barrels, 30% new, 40% wine and 30% of two wines.
PREPARATION: fermented with its own yeast in wooden vats or barrels open cement or 26 to 35 days with bazuqueos spaced every two or three days.
PAIRING: Rack of lamb chops Iberian pork, seasonal vegetables grilled.
TEMPERATURE: 16 °C
ALCOHOL CONTENT: 14.5%”
- View: Martinet Brut 2007 has an intense color.
- Nose: Aromas genuine.
- Palate: It comes from a single farm, called Mas Torrent, Masos area Falset. It is a farm bordering the DO Montsant and weather like this, but with a stony slate floor. The situation of the vineyard and soil quality side shows the most drinkable and easy to understand: the licorice stick, blackberries, rosemary and sweet tannins.
CELLAR: Mas Martinet”