Clos Mogador (Priorat)
£463.22 FREE SHIPPING! (7 days)
£463.22 FREE SHIPPING! (7 days)
£926.45 FREE SHIPPING! (7 days)
Sold in packs of 6 units
Shipping: Blanco & Gomez Wine Merchants UK Free shipping from £125.66 in this store
£ You will receive 7.1 points for each unit bought
Noble. That is how we could define Clos Mogador 2016, a Priorat wine that stays faithful to the terroir and that with every vintage it gives us its best. It is a warm and smooth wine, where the abundance of berries is overlapped with coffee, relish and spices, that armonize with subtle and well balanced tannins. It is a complex wine, rich in expressions, a great example of a Priorat wine.
Technical sheet · Clos Mogador
|Type Of Wine:||red wine|
|Vintage:||2016 Other vintages|
|Volume:||75cl Other volumes|
|Grapes:||Garnacha tinta (40%), Cariñena (22%), Cabernet Sauvignon (20%), Syrah (18%)|
If you liked Clos Mogador 2016, you may also enjoy...
Description · Clos Mogador
Clos Mogador 2016 (Garnacha tinta, Cariñena, Cabernet Sauvignon and Syrah)
TASTING NOTES OF Clos Mogador 2016:
- having: Clos Mogador 2016 shows a ripe cherry red color with purple hues. Very high, deep and bright. Dense tear ink cup.
- Nariz: intense and complex, changing, extraordinary nose. Input appear aromas of ripe, fleshy, vibrant, explosive black fruit, which suggests gradually floral and balsamic nuances. But this has only just begun. With the passage of time appear creamy shades, toasted, Mediterranean herbs ... everything always escorted by that wonderful minerality del Priorat. A nose to give it time.
- Mouth: broad and powerful entry. High volume. Structured, broad and deep. Excellent acidity and surprisingly fine and noble tannins. Very long finish, extremely persistent. Immense.
PAIRING: Red meat grilled, roasted red meats, Game stew, Large game, Aged cheeses, Only, Ciervo, Jabalí, Jamón Ibérico de Bellota, Red meat with sauce
BODEGA: Clos Mogador
GRAPES: Grenache, Carignan, Cabernet Sauvignon and Syrah
René Barbier, a descendant of a famous dynasty of winemakers from France and established also in the Penedès, was one of the pioneers of the new Priorat reds successfully bet this difficult area when others ignored. The winery was founded in 1989, but Barbier was longer than he had led, with...
Buy Clos Mogador Wine:
Highlighted review about Clos Mogador 2016
Posted on 10/07/19 at 13.07
Clos Mogador 2016
TASTING IN SIGHT
Beautiful cherry ripe cherry with reflections aubergine. A red wine very high, deep and bright. It has abundant tear, dense and slow.
TASTING IN NOSE
It is an intense, fragrant and complex nose showing an evolution in spectacular glass. Entrance, shows abundant aromas of fleshy, concentrated black fruit that gives way to floral and spicy notes. Gradually, the nuances van 'crescendo' and lactic notes, minerals deep and pleasant toasted veer towards gourmands roasted, herbs, balsamic, earthy memories.
A nose to give it time.
The palate is a deep red wine powerful, consistent, with lots of volume, structured, broad,. Its extremely high fruit load, excellent acidity and a surprisingly well-marked fine tannins give it an unctuous step leaves behind many nuances. Very long finish, extremely persistent. Immense.
More reviews about Clos Mogador 2016
Posted on 14/11/18 at 16.16
- View: garnet, violet notes.
- Nose: ripe, roasted and spicy black and red fruit.
- Boca: deep, wide, with good tannic, concentration, smoked sensations, fleshy, long finish.
VINEYARD: Finca Clos Mogador.
GRAPES: 45% Grenache, 29% Carignan, 16% Syrah, Cabernet sauvignon 10%.
AGEING: 18 months in oak barrels of 300 liters and fudre of 2,000 liters.
PAIRING: spicy stews and red meats.
TEMPERATURE: 16-18 °C
ALCOHOL CONTENT: 15%
Posted on 13/04/19 at 04.43
Posted on 21/03/19 at 04.08
Posted on 21/11/18 at 04.21
- View: Intense cherry red robe, wide watery drink and ripe tones on the rim.
- Nose: ripe berries, vanilla, cinnamon and cocoa. MOUTH decanting before serving, once "open" wine in
- Palate: Decant before serving, once "open" wine in Boca: It is tasty, spicy and very complex. Conjoined with good, long and persistent tannins.
Aging: 20 months in French oak barrels (70% new wood) Grapes: Grenache, Carignan, Cabernet Sauvignon and Syrah
Food pairing: Reserved for the best grilled meats, cured hams, cheeses. Especially for black chocolate.
Posted on 04/11/18 at 04.29
Posted on 31/10/18 at 16.30
- comes from the wineries Clos Mogador and has D. O. Priorat.
- For its preparation grape varieties Garnacha, Cabernet Sauvignon, Syrah, Merlot and Carignan are used.
- This wine has a cherry color with purple hues, with abundant and dense tear.
- It gives off aromas of fruit, flowers and spices.
- In the mouth it has a high fruitiness and excellent acidity.
- It is recommended to decant this wine 2 hours before using.
- It is a wine that will improve favorably with some years of bottle.
Posted on 12/10/18 at 04.20
- DETAILS OF PREPARATION: Aged for 18 months in oak.
- ALCOHOL: 14º
- TEMPERATURE: 15º to 17ºC
- PAIRING: It combines perfectly with game meats and pen, casseroles, stews, sauces complex meats, roasts in the oven.
Summary of ratings
Reviews about other vintages
Reviews about Clos Mogador 2014
Reviews about Clos Mogador 2011
Reviews about Clos Mogador 2015
Reviews about Clos Mogador 2013