Camins del Priorat 201575cl
Camins del Priorat 2019
Discover More About Our Products
Camins del Priorat 2015 is one of the most appreciated wines in the market because it lets us see into Álvaro Palacios's conception of viticulture, one of the big names of Spanish wine. In its new vintage, Camins del Priorat shows itself in a more serious way, with more structure, without losing, however, the essence that distinguishes it, since it is still an entry wine and for discovering the Priorat from a kinder perspective. Not much more can be said about a wine with a seal and a back as this one, except that it is a wine with which you will always get it right and, also, for a really good price. Score!
|Type Of Wine:||red wine|
|Vintage:||2015 Other vintages|
|Appellation:||Priorat (Catalonia, Spain)|
|Volume:||75cl Other volumes|
|Grapes:||Cabernet Sauvignon, Carignan, Cariñena, Garnacha, Merlot, Syrah, Garnacha negra|
Description of Camins del Priorat 2015
Camins del Priorat 2015 (Cabernet Sauvignon, Carignan, Cariñena, Garnacha, Merlot, Syrah and Garnacha negra)
- View: clean, bright cherry with violet edge.
- Nose: aromas of red and black fruit with floral notes, spices and minerals.
- Palate: gentle, with presence of red fruit, lactic notes and some minerality. Well prepared, with good acidity and tannins. long and fruity finish.
DESIGNATION OF ORIGIN: Priorat
VINEYARD: Alvaro Palacios
GRAPES: Cabernet Sauvignon, Carignan, Grenache, Merlot, Syrah,
AGING: 4 months in barrels and French oak vats.
PREPARATION: 100% de-stemmed grapes. a soft wrung takes place and makes the alcoholic fermentation in cement vats, stainless steel and wood. Macera between 20 and 30 days and then performed malolactic fermentation vats. It is clarified and filtered though not stabilized.
WINE PAIRING: meat, white meat, mushrooms, vegetable-based dishes.
TEMPERATURE: 16 ° C
Alcohol content: 14.5%
How to serve
Alvaro Palacios Priorat reaches in 1989, the town of Gratallops, along with Rene Barbier, Carles Pastrana and José Luis Pérez, with the intention to transmit to their wines (Bodegas Alvaro Palacios) the character of this land. They believed in the Priorat, full of sharp essences of Mediterranean sunshine, cliffs and shale, fennel and olive groves, a land of mystical soul.More about the Winery
Reviews of Camins del Priorat 2015
- The Camins is Alvaro's entry level wine and is great value for money.
- The grapes come from a range of climats around Gratallops and from 10-50 year old vines planted on terraced slopes. The cepage is 50% Carignena, 40% Garnacha and 10% Cabernet Sauvignon and Syrah and the wine spends 8 months in older French barrels.
- Alvaro Palacios first came to Gratallops in 1989, thanks to a group of local producers commited to obtaining the best from Priorat, land characterized by its rugged environment, terraced hillside and old vines.
- The region has expanded nearly four times since but Alvaro is determined to produce the best wines from this difficult terrain has not diminished. The vines are planted mostly on very steep slopes at a high altitude.
- The roots go down very deep into the schist soil and organic viticulture is practiced.
- Limited stock, changing to 2013 soon.
Alvaro Palacios Gratallops Camins del Priorat 2012
As nearly all of them this one shows also a cherry colour. Aromas of raisins. Alvaro Palacios Camins del Priorat Assemblage was ok, the kind of my taste.
Alvaro Palacios Camins del Priorat Assemblage 2018
Clear ruby red colour. Coffee aromas. Warm and tasty.
Priorat is a good wine area to drink with food.