Camins del Priorat 201475cl
Camins del Priorat 2018
You will like to know that…
The new vintage of Camins del Priorat is at the same level as the 2013 vintage, which received 91 points from Peñín, a renowned Spanish wine critic. Elegant, fruity and sweet - this wine from the official appellation, D.O.Q. Priorat, is born from the virtues of the Mediterranean climate on limestone soils of laminar structure. It's a great value-for-money and especially persons, who love wines with a unique character, will love this Camins del Priorat 2014 2014.
|Type Of Wine:||red wine|
|Vintage:||2014 Other vintages|
|Appellation:||Priorat (Catalonia, Spain)|
|Volume:||75cl Other volumes|
|Grapes:||Cabernet Sauvignon, Cariñena, Garnacha, Merlot, Syrah, Garnacha negra|
Description of Camins del Priorat 2014
Camins del Priorat 2014 (Cabernet Sauvignon, Cariñena, Garnacha, Merlot, Syrah and Garnacha negra)
- View: Cherry red, purple rim.
- Nose: red fruit, cherry, raspberry, plum, cocoa, licorice.
- Palate: Fresh, sweet, long finish.
DESIGNATION OF ORIGIN: Priorat
GRAPES: Cabernet Sauvignon, Carignan, Grenache,
AGING: 4 months in French oak barrels and wooden vats.
PREPARATION: alcoholic fermentation in cement vats, stainless steel and wood. Maceration for about one month. Malolactic fermentation vats.
WINE PAIRING: white meat, mushrooms, appetizers, meats.
TEMPERATURE: 14 ° C
ALCOHOLIC GRADUATION: 14.5
How to serve
Alvaro Palacios Priorat reaches in 1989, the town of Gratallops, along with Rene Barbier, Carles Pastrana and José Luis Pérez, with the intention to transmit to their wines (Bodegas Alvaro Palacios) the character of this land. They believed in the Priorat, full of sharp essences of Mediterranean sunshine, cliffs and shale, fennel and olive groves, a land of mystical soul.More about the Winery
Reviews of Camins del Priorat 2014
In the mouth it's supple and velvety on the attack, the wine offers a gorgeous ripe blueberry, fig, and blackcurrant fruit accented by notes of dark roasted coffee beans and bakers chocolate. Fine, buffered tannins emerge on the wines back-palate and segue it to a long, spicy, licorice-tinged finish.
- The Camins is Alvaro's entry level wine and is great value for money.
- The grapes come from a range of climats around Gratallops and from 10-50 year old vines planted on terraced slopes. The cepage is 50% Carignena, 40% Garnacha and 10% Cabernet Sauvignon and Syrah and the wine spends 8 months in older French barrels.
- Alvaro Palacios first came to Gratallops in 1989, thanks to a group of local producers commited to obtaining the best from Priorat, land characterized by its rugged environment, terraced hillside and old vines.
- The region has expanded nearly four times since but Alvaro is determined to produce the best wines from this difficult terrain has not diminished. The vines are planted mostly on very steep slopes at a high altitude.
- The roots go down very deep into the schist soil and organic viticulture is practiced.
- Limited stock, changing to 2013 soon.