Camins del Priorat 200975cl
Camins del Priorat 2019
|Type Of Wine:||red wine|
|Vintage:||2009 Other vintages|
|Appellation:||Priorat (Catalonia, Spain)|
|Grapes:||Cabernet Sauvignon, Garnacha, Samsó, Syrah|
Description of Camins del Priorat 2009
Camins del Priorat 2009 (Cabernet Sauvignon, Garnacha, Samsó and Syrah)
- View: It's deep red, violet.
- Nose: Its notes include aromas of ripe fruit skin, juicy fruit ... watermelon! Flowers do not cease to be present as well.
- Palate: The palate, blackberries and cassis invade so elegant wine, with a big and velvety touch.
GRAPES: Carignan, Grenache, Cabernet Sauvignon and Syrah.
TEMPERATURE: 15-16 º C.
PAIRING: Rice with mushrooms and foie fricandó stew with Belgian beer.
How to serve
Alvaro Palacios Priorat reaches in 1989, the town of Gratallops, along with Rene Barbier, Carles Pastrana and José Luis Pérez, with the intention to transmit to their wines (Bodegas Alvaro Palacios) the character of this land. They believed in the Priorat, full of sharp essences of Mediterranean sunshine, cliffs and shale, fennel and olive groves, a land of mystical soul.More about the Winery
Reviews of Camins del Priorat 2009
In the mouth it's supple and velvety on the attack, the wine offers a gorgeous ripe blueberry, fig, and blackcurrant fruit accented by notes of dark roasted coffee beans and bakers chocolate. Fine, buffered tannins emerge on the wines back-palate and segue it to a long, spicy, licorice-tinged finish.
- The Camins is Alvaro's entry level wine and is great value for money.
- The grapes come from a range of climats around Gratallops and from 10-50 year old vines planted on terraced slopes. The cepage is 50% Carignena, 40% Garnacha and 10% Cabernet Sauvignon and Syrah and the wine spends 8 months in older French barrels.
- Alvaro Palacios first came to Gratallops in 1989, thanks to a group of local producers commited to obtaining the best from Priorat, land characterized by its rugged environment, terraced hillside and old vines.
- The region has expanded nearly four times since but Alvaro is determined to produce the best wines from this difficult terrain has not diminished. The vines are planted mostly on very steep slopes at a high altitude.
- The roots go down very deep into the schist soil and organic viticulture is practiced.
- Limited stock, changing to 2013 soon.
Alvaro Palacios Gratallops Camins del Priorat 2012
As nearly all of them this one shows also a cherry colour. Aromas of raisins. Alvaro Palacios Camins del Priorat Assemblage was ok, the kind of my taste.