“96 pts Robert Parker - Vivid floral notes of roses and violets, typical of Touriga Nacional, as well as suggestions of rock rose, more associated with Touriga Franca. In the mouth it presents with generous volume, gathering amazing concentration with a freshness that underlines the flavors of black fruits and licorice. Layers of complexity gradually unfold through the magnificent structure.”
“19 pts Vinho Grandes Escolhas - Lush perfume and very seductive. Extraordinary aromatic range reminding rosemary and notes of eucalyptus. In the mouth it presents an impressive volume and at the same time a great refinement. Accurate, fresh and multi-dimensional. A wine that moves the senses and inspires us.”
“Fundada em 1670, a Warre's foi a primeira companhia inglesa de vinho do Porto a estabelecer-se em Portugal.
No final do séc. XVIII a Casa Warres's tornou-se líder nas exportações do vinho do Porto. Pioneira de grandes tradições, a sua história confunde-se com a própria história do vinho do Porto.”
“TASTING NOTES OF Warre's Vintage 2003:
- View: cherry red.
- Nose: aromas of plum jam and notes of mint, leather and chocolate.
- Mouth: firm but not overpowering tannins, dark chocolate, candy, brambles, very persistent taste.
GRAPES: Tinta Barroca, Tinta Cao, Tinta Roriz, Touriga Francesa and Touriga Nacional.”
“TASTING NOTES OF Warre's Vintage 70cl 2000:
- View: deep purple red.
- Nose: aromas of ripe raspberry liqueur and black currant.
- Mouth: dense precious sweet fruit flavors, chocolate, ripe berries, spices, subtle anise and candy, great texture, very long.
GRAPES: Touriga Nacional, Touriga Francesa, Tinta Roriz and others.
PAIRING: cheese (cream cheese, blue cheese and aged cheese), many desserts.
“TASTING NOTES OF Warre's Vintage 1997:
- View: wonderful purple.
- Nose: a classic nose, full of class and complexity, layers of concentrated flavors of ripe red fruits and underlying rock.
- Mouth: rich floral flavors, with an enormous structure and an impressive finish.
GRAPES: Touriga Nacional, Tinta Roriz, Tinta Barroca, Touriga Francesa and Sousao.
PAIRING: cream, blue and cured cheeses, many desserts.”
“TASTING NOTES OF Warre's Vintage 70cl 1994:
- View: opaque purple.
- Nose: fabulous and complex character, very sweet layers of fruit, chocolate and cherry aromas of concentration.
- Mouth: like the nose, full bodied, velvety tannins. Long finish with a lot of grip, beautiful wine.
GRAPES: Touriga Nacional, Touriga Francesa, Tinta Roriz and Tinta Barroca.
PAIRING: Blue and creamy cheeses.”
“This wine is notable for its retinta color, loaded. Displays firm and penetrating aromas of berries and floral notes. The palate is full-bodied, with an excellent tannic structure. A robust and balanced wine with a great future ahead.”