Sogrape Vinhos (Port)
Product not available in United Kingdom
£5.70 + £3.48 Shipping (5 - 10 days)
Shipping: Portugal Vineyards (Portugal)
£ You will receive 0.09 points for each unit bought
If you liked Offley Branco, you may also enjoy...
Description · Sogrape Vinhos
Offley Branco (Códega, Malvasia Fina, Viosinho and Gouveio)
- View: Offley Branco has an attractive yellow-straw hue
- Nose: An intense aroma dominated by the floral, apricot and peach jam and dried fruit notes. Aging in oak ennobles, increasing its richness and complexity.
- Mouth: On the palate, the balance between acidity and sweetness stands out, culminating in a persistent and elegant finish.
MARRIAGE: accompanying salted nuts or almonds. It's also amazing when served with fresh desserts (eg, vanilla ice cream with tropical fruits ...)
Grapes: Malvasia Fina, CODEGA, Viosinho and Gouveio.
WINERY: Sogrape Vinhos
Sogrape Vinhos was born of the will and courage of a group of friends. In the difficult economic and political environment of 1942, they decided to stake everything on the visionary talents of one man. Today, led by the third generation of the founding family, Sogrape Vinhos is ever more closely...
Buy Sogrape Vinhos Wine:
Highlighted review about Offley Branco
Posted on 17/10/18 at 11.10
More reviews about Offley Branco
Posted on 15/07/17 at 04.51
O Porto OFFLEY BRANCO tem uma atractiva cor amarela de tonalidade palha e um aroma intenso dominado por notas florais, de compota de alperce e pêssego, e frutos secos. O envelhecimento em madeira de carvalho enobreceu-o, aumentando a sua riqueza e complexidade. Na boca, destaca-se o equilíbrio entre acidez e doçura, culminado por um final persistente e elegante.
O Porto OFFLEY BRANCO deve ser servido frio (10º C-12º C) com frutos secos ou amêndoas salgadas, aperitivos e entradas variadas. É surpreendente com sobremesas frescas.
Posted on 21/09/15 at 12.22
It has an attractive yellow-straw hue and an intense aroma dominated by floral, apricot and peach, marmalade and nutty notes. The ageing in oak wood has ennobled it, increasing its richness and complexity. In the mouth, the balance between acidity and sweetness stands out, culminating in a lingering and elegant finish.
- Winemaker: Luís Sottomayor
- Winemaking: It is produced by the traditional Porto Wine method. The hand-picked grapes undergo stalk-removal and crushing before fermentation, under controlled temperature, with skin maceration so as to extract the best components. The addition of wine alcohol at the ideal moment sets the balance between the wine's body and bouquet. This moment is chosen by the winemaker following strict control of fermentation temperatures and densities, the later depending on the vine variety, maturation stage and the final sweetness required. After the harvest, the wines remain in the Douro until the following Spring, when they are taken to V.N.Gaia and enter Offley's centuries-old lodges for ageing in oak wood casks, as required by Porto Wine traditional ageing system. Throughout the years the wines are carefully tasted and analysed by the oenology team who also makes all necessary corrections and prepares the final blend so as to keep Offley Porto White's style and character. The wines selected are usually between 2 and 5 years of age, which makes it possible to obtain a fresh and young wine with an average age of 3 years. The final blend is filtered and cold-stabilised prior to bottling.
- Grape Varieties: Malvasia Fina, Códega, Viosinho, Gouveio.
- Food Pairing: Should be served chilled with salted almonds, appetisers and varied starters. It is surprising also when served with fresh desserts (for instance, vanilla ice cream with tropical fruits) or as "Offley Tonic".
- Store and Serve Advices: The bottle should be kept upright, protected from light and humidity, at a constant temperature of 16ºC-18ºC. It is ready for drinking and does not require decanting. Serve between 6ºC-10ºC.
Posted on 22/04/14 at 13.15