Graham's Vintage 2000
Product not available in United Kingdom
£77.87 + £5.61 Shipping (6 days)
£155.73 FREE SHIPPING! (6 days)
Shipping: Garrafeira Nacional (Portugal) Free shipping from £130.50 in this store
£ You will receive 1.19 points for each unit bought
To Robert Parker, the Graham's Vintage 2000 'is a forward, lush, concentrated effort that should drink well for two decades.' The world's most famous wine critic gave this port wine 94 points. But also, critic James Suckling praised this port by W & J. Graham's calling it one of the best wine's he has ever tasted and a 'shining example of an established Port house pushing the boat out to make even better wines through better viticulture and wine-making methodology.' And last but not list, the Graham's Vintage 2000 also made it into the Wine Spectator's Top 100 in 2003, ranked 9th in this elite list of the world's best wines. A promising vintage port wine!
Technical sheet · Graham's Vintage
|Type Of Wine:||fortified wine|
|Vintage:||2000 Other vintages|
|Appellation:||Port (Porto and Douro,Portugal)|
|Grapes:||Tempranillo, Tinta Amarela, Tinta Barroca, Touriga Francesa, Touriga Nacional, Tinta Çao|
2012 - Silver Medal - Decanter World Wine Awards
2012 - Silver Medal - International Wine Challenge
If you liked Graham's Vintage 2000, you may also enjoy...
Description · Graham's
Graham's Vintage 2000 (Tempranillo, Tinta Amarela, Tinta Barroca, Touriga Francesa, Touriga Nacional and Tinta Çao)
- View: Oporto Graham's Vintage 2000 is dark crimson colour with a slightly weak edge.
- Nose: Rich, slightly volatile, the evolved nose. Pulido and dense and explosive.
- Mouth: Full-bodied, medium sweet. Very powerful and spicy; lasts for minutes on the palate
GRAPES: Touriga National, Touriga French, Tinta Roriz, Tinta Cao, Tinta Barroca and Tinta amarela
Graham’s has always been a pioneer. Graham's was one of the first Port companies to invest in its own vineyards in Portugal’s Douro Valley in 1890 and is now at the cutting edge of innovation in winemaking techniques. Today, five Symington cousins share responsibility for every aspect of the...
Buy Graham's Wine:
Highlighted review about Graham's Vintage 2000
Posted on 17/10/18 at 11.10
Graham's Vintage 2000
Today five cousins of Symington family share responsibility for every aspect of the company and personally make the Graham's wines
More reviews about Graham's Vintage 2000
Posted on 27/06/17 at 14.40
Posted on 21/09/15 at 12.22
This Vintage Port displays many of the typical Graham aromas of ripe plum and esteva (gum cistus) and is pleasantly smooth on the palate despite its youth. It is full and rich in the mouth with fresh blackberry and red plum notes. Despite the hallmark Graham sweetness in the mouth the finish is long and clean.
- Winemaker: Charles Symington and Henry Shotton
- Winemaking: Vintage Ports are only made in years of exceptionally high quality harvests, which on average occur two or three times in a decade. The weather in the vineyards is the principal determining factor: conditions must be ideal throughout the growing season, as well as during the subsequent harvest. Graham's style is also the result of the premium quality of the five principle vineyards that go into the Vintage blend. Being amongst the best properties in the Douro these are what make Graham's Vintage Ports stand out at the most respected international tasting competitions.
- Grape Varieties: Old Vines.
- Food Pairing: This Port is a fabulous way to end a lunch or dinner. It pairs wonderfully with chocolate desserts, such as chocolate mousse, but it can also be enjoyed on its own, providing a memorable moment in the company of good friends.
- Store and Serve Advices: Store the bottle horizontally in a dark place with constant temperature, ideally between 12ºC and 15ºC.
Posted on 27/04/15 at 13.07
Summary of ratings
Reviews about other vintages
Reviews about Graham's Vintage 2017
Reviews about Graham's Vintage 2016
- View: deep purple black.
- Nose: aromas of mint and eucalyptus, chocolate notes.
- Mouth: fruity flavors, great complexity, structure and balance.
GRAPES: 42% Touriga Franca, Touriga Nacional 37% and 21% other varieties.
PAIRING: chocolate desserts.
ALCOHOL CONTENT: 20%
Reviews about Graham's Vintage 2011
It is worth re-buying this Graham's Vintage.