Dalva Colheita 1940
C. da Silva (Port)
£539.10 (Approximate price)
It is not possible to buy Dalva Colheita 1940 right now.
Technical sheet · Dalva Colheita
|Type Of Wine:||fortified wine|
|Vintage:||1940 Other vintages|
|Appellation:||Port (Porto and Douro,Portugal)|
|Winery:||C. da Silva|
You may also be interested in...
Description · C. da Silva
Dalva Colheita 1940
TASTING NOTES OF Dalva Colheita 1940:
- View: medium brown, a touch of green on the edge.
- Nose: nose of toffee, with lots of fruit.
- Mouth: balanced input and a modest mid-palate with a mixture of burnt oranges and candy. Fine texture, but great flavors. Huge orange taste explosion and then a long duration.
VINEYARD: C. da Silva
GRAPES: Touriga Nacional, Tinta Roriz, Tinta Barroca, Touriga Francesa and Souzao.
C. da Silva
C. Da Silva (Wines) SA is a house of strong tradition in Port wine. Founded in 1862, its current name was defined in the first decades of the twentieth century, when Mr. Clemente da Silva received the company through marriage. At that time, showing an exporting vocation, he directed the first...
Buy C. da Silva Wine:
More reviews about Dalva Colheita 1940
Posted on 27/04/16 at 05.05
Posted on 21/09/15 at 12.22
Intense aroma and taste: fruit jelly, quince jam, spices, in the younger wines. With age the wine develops other tastes: nuts, cinnamon, coffee, but always fresh and elegant.
- Winemaking: Port from a single year harvest. Instead of an indication of age like a blended tawny (10, 20, 30, 40...) the year is always mentioned in the label. Nevertheless, they should not be mistaken with Vintage Port. Once that the "Colheita" must age a minimum of seven years in oak cask (but of course the complexity and the refined aroma and flavors could not reach the heels of an old "Colheita", like for example a rare White "Colheita" Golden White from 1952 bottled in 2009...57 years in french oak pipes).
- Grape Varieties: Old Vines.
- Food Pairing: Goes well with all kinds of desserts, especially those prepared with eggs and nuts almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts).
- Store and Serve Advices: Serve slightly chilled , between 12 and 13ºC, in an appropriate glass.
Summary of ratings
Reviews about other vintages
Reviews about Dalva Colheita 1985
Reviews about Dalva Colheita 2017
I would suggest that you serve it with a good potatoes stew.
I drank it with my ex.
Reviews about Dalva Colheita 1977