Elaboration of Mas Irene 2015
Mas Irene 2015 (Cabernet Franc and Merlot)
TASTING NOTES OF Mas Irene 2015:
- View: Mas Irene 2015 has a beautiful ruby red color with garnet rim. Intense, clean and bright. With a beautiful and thin tear.
- Nose: Aromas of great intensity and complexity, they stand out, red fruit liqueur, vegetal notes, roasted and balsamic.
- Mouth: The palate is soft and creamy, with great breadth and power. intense flavors of fruits combined with spices and toasted wood from its time in oak. Long and pleasant aftertaste. A red wine with a long evolution in the bottle. Highly recommended.
GRAPES: Cabernet Franc and Merlot
BODEGA: Pares Balta
AGEING: This wine has undergone an aging of 13 months in French oak barrels of Allier.
PAIRING: Pasta with meat sauce, Rice with meat, Sausages, Roasted lamb, Roasted red meats, Stews, Civet, Mushrooms, Semi-mature Cheese
Pares Balta is a tiny, top end winery, founded in the 1930's in an area that has been producing wine since the 1700's. The family-owned winery produces Cavas, and still red and white wines. The vineyards are spread out over five premium estates, with a total of 176 hectares of low yielding vines. The vineyards enjoy a balmy microclimate and are located only a few miles form the Mediterranean Sea in the Penedes and Cava appellations. Pars Balt uses a multitude of grape varietals for their wines, from the traditional cava grapes of Macabeo, Xarel.lo, and Parellada; to Syrah and Cabernet Sauvignon for velvety rich reds; and finally, to non-traditional Catalan grape varietals such as Chardonnay or even Gewurztraminer for oak aged whites. While not an "official" organic winery, they use many eco-friendly viticulture and winemaking practices such as allowing sheep to fertilize the vineyards naturally.More about the Winery
Reviews of Mas Irene 2015
- On the nose, intense and complex aroma of preserved red fruit combined with toasts and spices.
- In the mouth it is soft and oily, with good structure.
- Intense flavour of red fruit, spices and toasts from the oak.
- Long and pleasant finish.
Deep Burgundy colour. The 2006 smells like violets. Well balanced.