Vondeling Rose 202075cl
Vondeling Rose 2020
Description of Vondeling Rose 2020
Vondeling Rose 2020 (Merlot)
- View: A view has a delightfully subtle salmon color.
- Nose: The nose shows a bright bouquet of Turkish delight, raspberry coulis, passion fruit and lychee.
- Mouth: The palate is round but refreshingly vibrant, full of flavors of red fruits, seductive floral nuances and a nice touch citrus.
APPELLATION: Paarl (Coastal Region, South Africa).
GRAPES: 100% Merlot.
AGEING: The wine is aged on its lees for 6 months to allow it to complete and earn complexity.
PREPARATION: This wine is made mainly from Merlot cold pressed, the vineyard selected for this wine has almost 20 years. Exposure to sunlight is essential to eliminate green flavors of the grape. The wort settles cold to remove any roughness and fermentation in stainless steel tanks. The wine is 100% raw.
WINE PAIRING: It marida perfect with spicy Thai shrimp, Portuguese sardines grilled or salad of fresh tomatoes, feta and Granada.
Reviews of Vondeling Rose 2020
- The soil has a high clay percentage and this lends softness and volume to the wine. Great care is taken to ensure that the vines do not bear too great a crop or suffer from drought. This is done through green cropping of the vines and micro-irrigation. Both practices help to preserve the natural acidity, freshness and vibrancy of the grape aromas.
- All our grapes are picked at optimum ripeness in the early hours of the morning. The grapes are then destemmed and chilled before they are pressed. This short supply from vine to press ensures minimal degradation of the fruit aromas and a very moderate extraction of colour.
- All free run juice is kept separate from the 'colour fraction' to ensure a deliciously subtle salmon colour. The juice is cold settled to remove any coarseness and fermentation is done in stainless steel tanks. The wine is 100% unoaked.
- The wine is aged on its yeast lees for 6 months to allow it to fill out and gain complexity. The wine is relatively light in alcohol and calories.