Vondeling Rose 201775cl
Vondeling Rose 2020
Description of Vondeling Rose 2017
Vondeling Rose 2017 (Merlot)
- View: Translucent salmon pink
- Nose: A sweet and fresh scent with ripe red berry overtones
- Mouth: The mouthfeel is subtly textured, with a fresh and lively flavour of wild strawberry, raspberry, red currant, and a hint of rose petals.
VINEYARD: Vondeling. Vondeling's vineyards are located in Voor Paardeberg, South Africa The vines for Vondeling Rose 2017 are nearly 20 years old and are well-exposed to sunlight as they are planted on a slope of the Voor Paardeberg Mountain. The soil is clayey, which gives the grapes a softer flavour. The vines are micro-irrigated and green-cropped to give each grape sufficient hydration and sunlight.
GRAPES: Merlot Pinotage
AGEING: Aged on the lees of 6 months.
PREPARATION: The grapes are picked in the early morning hours to ensure optimal ripeness. After being brought to the winery, the grapes are destemmed and chilled before they are pressed, with limited time in between in order create moderate colour extraction. The free run juice is kept away from the "colour fraction" in order to create a subtle coral colour. Fermentation takes place in stainless steel tanks. The wine is cold settles in order to filter out impurities. The wine is completely unoaked.
PAIRING: Barbecue, venison, salmon, shellfish, fruits
RECOMMENDED SERVING TEMPERATURE: 6-8ºC
Reviews of Vondeling Rose 2017
- It displays a bright bouquet of Turkish delight, raspberry coulis, passion fruit and litchi.
- The palate is well rounded but refreshingly vibrant, packed with red berry flavours, seductive floral undertones and a pleasant citrus twist.
- Pair with spicy Thai prawns, grilled Portuguese sardines or a fresh tomato, feta and pomegranate salad