Description of Vondeling Chardonnay 2019
Vondeling Chardonnay 2019 (Chardonnay)
- View: a bright hue, straw-gold color.
- Nose: A nose of bright flowers refreshing pear and peach with subtle lemon meringue and notes of oatmeal.
- Mouth: full-bodied, lively acidity, subtle flavors of honey and sugared almonds, but citrus notes balanced and refined.
APPELLATION: Voor Paardeberg.
GRAPES: 100% Chardonnay.
AGING lees matured for 7 months before being mixed in tank and then returned to barrel for 3 months.
PREPARATION: fermented in oak barrels.
WINE PAIRING: creamy dishes, mature cheeses soft and white meat.
Reviews of Vondeling Chardonnay 2019
- Nose: This wine has an inviting nose of honeyed citrus, potpourri and peach blossoms with a subtle hint of beeswax.
- Palate: A full bodied, gentle palate with fresh, chalky citrus, yellow flowers, candied almonds and ginger spice. The flavours are vibrant and the finish refined.
- Pairing: Exceptionally well suited to grilled fish, creamy Alfredo pasta and salads. The weight and creaminess of the wine makes it ideally matched for mild, aromatic curries.