Wine of Oregon

View all products in Wine of Oregon

This denomination of origin has achieved very high international reputation. It is made up of very distinct regions, which are of adequate for the production of vines. Its limits are next to Washington and Idaho, Its main regions being Willamette Valley AVA and Southern Oregon AVA. Those are the two most important areas, but there is another region by the name of Columbia Gorge AVA.

Similar to other states, this resion produces varietal wines. It counts on more than 40 strains, which produce a wide variety of quality wines. Varietal wines make up 90% of the wine production in the area. THe rest (10%) is made by blending with other types. This is done by wineries to achieve unique flavours in their wines. Among the strains there are varieties of Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Lemberger, Grenache, Alla, Nebiollo, which is of Italian origin, and the most characteristic feature of this region, Pinot Noir. The area is regarded as one of the largest producers of this variety.

Oregon has around 303 wineries and it has a cultivated area of 14,100 square miles.

Buy Oregon Wines online.

See more

Drinks&Co recommends you

Wine Of Oregon: Robert Parker score