Wine of New York

View all products in Wine of New York »

This Denomination of Origin spans 54,520 miles. 83% of the wines made by regions within this Denomination of Origin use the Vitis Lambrusco strain, the remaining 17% uses, in equal quantities, Vitis Vinifera and the French / American Hybrid

New York has four main growing regions: Lake Erie AVA, Finger Lake AVA, Hudson River Region AVA and Long Island AVA. In the twentieth century, more importance has been given to the centre of the area.

Its wide range of grapes includes Riesling, Seyval Blanc, Chardonnay and Cabernet Sauvignon. Some of the hybrid grapes are Aurore, de Chaunac, Seyval Blanc and Baco Noir, and the Vidal, Cayuga and Vignoles are the best wines within this variety. The Chardonnay grape is just perfect grape for this region due to the the fact that it thrives in cold climates.

Buy New York Wines online.

See more

Drinks&Co recommends you

Wine of New York: Top Sales

Wine Of New York: white