|Type Of Wine:||red wine|
|Vintage:||2008 Other vintages|
|Appellation:||Navarra (Navarra, Spain)|
|Volume:||75cl Other volumes|
|Grapes:||Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Tempranillo|
Elaboration of Gran Feudo Reserva 2008
Gran Feudo Reserva 2008 (Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Tempranillo)
- View: Gran Feudo Reserva 2008 has a high intensity ruby red color with lighter rim showing its age.
- Nose: The nose has an intense and persistent bouquet, spicy, with a touch of oak in which the wine has matured.
- Mouth: The palate has great body and good balance. Complex palate with excellent notes of oak. It has a pleasant and intense finish that does justice to its age and origin.
PAIRING: Recommended for larger cattle with meat, game and mushroom dishes, stews and vegetable potages.
Grapes: 80% Tempranillo, 20% Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot.
CELLAR: Great Feud
Founded in 1647, Bodegas Chivite is one of the oldest wine producing dynasties in Spain. Over eleven generations, the firm has grown from its original establishment in Navarra to estates in Rioja, Rueda and Ribera del Duero, and become the most important, as well as one of the most respected, producers and exporters of Navarra's wines.More about the Winery
Reviews of Gran Feudo Reserva 2008
- Tasting notes: Colour: cherry, garnet rim.Nose: powerfull, ripe fruit,
toasty, spicy.Palate: flavourful, powerful, spicy, ripe fruit
- Score: 88
Gran Feudo 2005
- View: garnet middle layer, tones tile.
- Nose: intense, with hints of black fruit, oak and balsamic.
- Mouth: roasted notes, well structured and hints of licorice at the end.
WINERY: Bodegas Chivite.
GRAPES: Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Tempranillo.
AGEING: 18 months in French and American oak.
PAIRING: cooked, big game hunting, white meats, sausages, grilled red meats.
TEMPERATURE: 18 °C
Deep Burgundy colour. Smelled soft, like cinnamon and vanilla . I like the slight roughness it leaves you on the mouth.