Celler de Capçanes is the maker of this Mas Donís , a red wine from Montsant from the garnacha negra and syrah grapes. The Mas Donís is the ideal red to combine with jamon iberico and semi-cured cheese.
“TASTING NOTES OF Mas Donís 2015:
- View: Intense Violet
- Nose: fruity aromas, Cherries, Strawberries
- Mouth: Fresh, concentrated, full-bodied, long finish
VINEYARD: Celler de Capçanes
GRAPES: Garnacha, Samsó, Syrah, Merlot, Tempranillo, Cabernet Sauvignon
AGEING: 4 months in American oak barrels and French
PREPARATION: Fermentation at controlled temperature (24-28ºC) and malolactic in tank
WINE PAIRING: White meat, pasta
ALCOHOL CONTENT: 13.5%”
- View: Mas Donís Negre 2013 shows a dark cherry colour with violet rim.
- Nose: very fruity, with intense aromas of cherries and strawberries
- Mouth: a wine with body, tasty and long
CELLAR: Celler de Capçanes
GRAPES: Grenache and Syrah
“Mas Donís Tinto 2012 is made from 80% Grenache grape and 20% Grenache Syrah.Cepas between 30 and 60 years planted in terraces on clay soil and manual granito.Vendimia and vinification of varieties separado.Fermentación at controlled temperature 24-28ºC.Maceración between 6 and 8 días.Envejecimiento Garnacha tank for 4 months. The Syrah ages 3 or 4 months in French oak barrels and tasting americano.Nota: Violet Color intenso.Aromas fruit, cherry, strawberry, ... I Afrutado very cool and also with body and long finish. Concentrated.”
- View: Mas Donis 2011 has an intense violet color;
- Nose: aromas of fruit, cherry, strawberry.
- Palate: fruity, very fresh, yet full-bodied and long finish. Concentrated.
GRAPES: Grenache, Syrah
WINERY: Celler de Capçanes I Seccio of Credit.
PAIRING: Dry Cow Cheese, Pizza, Chicken a l'ast”
“Drinking it with friends is always a pleasure. Cherry, middle layer. You can notice that the Mas Donís Tinto smells of red fruits. Light on the palate.
We had it with cod. Very good.
I got it because I asked some friends from Montsant to bring it over.
Very good QPR.