“TASTING NOTES:View: Appearance cherry color high layer.Nose: Typical, lively and varietal, it is distinguished by a fruity fragrance nose.Mouth: The palate feels soft jovial freshness, combined with pleasant tannins and beautiful persistence.APPELLATION: Abruzzo.VINEYARD: La Valentina.GRAPES: Montepulciano.AGEING: For about 18 months, 80% of the wine is refined in stainless steel, while the remaining 20% is obtained in 25 barrels of Slavonian oak barrels and second passage.PREPARATION: Fermentation and maceration for about 10 days in stainless steel tanks.PAIRING: Accompany the typical dishes of Abruzzo, sausage, garlic and oil pasta, roast pork, roast beef, grilled chicken and fish broth.RECOMMENDED SERVING TEMPERATURE: 16-18 °CALCOHOL: 13%”
“The combination of this La Valentina Montepulciano d'Abruzzo and meat did not seem appropriate, best pair it with fish. That red is perfect for special occasions.
Red ruby colour with reddish brown tinges. Dominating scent of red currant. The barrel leaves good flavours.”
“I especially liked the colour. Smells like cedar wood or pine tree.Passes easily across the palate, smooth and very nice.
The best of the meal was this wine.
I can't imagine drinking this La Valentina Montepulciano d'Abruzzo 2016 solo.”
“The Montepulciano grape is present in Abruzzo since time immemorial, but only in the seventeenth century began to call this grape with its current name. The origin of the grape seems to be common to other types of black berry south, all clearly derived from Greece. In the centuries it will remain the appreciation that he had not the Carthaginian general Hannibal, who held it in check for many years in Rome, invigorating men and horses with the wine produced in the territory of Aprutzi. Montepulciano d'Abruzzo DOC La Valentina is a great class and recognized value, thanks to its production in the tradition.”
“A wine with high layer, cherry colour. The red smells good, like red fruit compote. The La Valentina Montepulciano D'Abruzzo had been badly kept, because you could taste like ripe grapes.
Good wine with a dish of lentils.
Me and my friends always order this wine a for dinner .”